Issues with Cellink Neo 5

pambobo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've hardwired cellink neo 5 to acc cable in my car. I've checked and it gives 12v when engine is on. Once everything was connected the red light on the battery came on, meaning its being charged. Then I drove the car for a good hour and wanted then connected my viofo a229 pro to the output, but the dash cam is not turning on. I tested the dash cam and it's fine.

I also checked with multimeter that it only gives output voltage if its being charged at the same time. Even though I had it connected and charging for a long trip, once unplugged (for testing purposes) it gives no power to the output.

BTW. Since its an old cellink neo 5 there's no app I can possibly use to see whats wrong with it.

Any ideas?

(Sorry for my English, its not my first language).

Thanks

How are you powering the A229 Pro with power from the Neo 5? Are you using the cigarette lighter adapter (CLA) cable from the Neo 5 and the CLA power adapter from the A229 Pro or are you hardwiring the A229 Pro to the Neo 5 using a VIOFO HK4 hardwiring kit?

I'm going to use some screenshots from my video on making cables to connect a dash camera's hardwiring kit to an EGEN produced battery pack that has the 4-pin dash camera output power port. I believe the Neo 5 should have the same pin type/ordering in the dash camera power output connector, but you might want to confirm with a multimeter.

This one shows the CLA adapter cable provided with many of the EGEN produced battery packs. It's connected to the constant power pin (left most pin) and the ground (3rd from the left pin). As long as the battery pack is "on" and it has a sufficient stored charge level to operate, the CLA will have power to provide to the dash camera's CLA power adapter.
1711211377593.png

This screenshot shows the 3 pins in the dash camera connector on battery pack and what each one provides. The second picture shows the corresponding wires in the cable that plugs into the EGEN produced battery pack (in this case a Neo 5) if you're using the dash camera's hardwiring cable. That cable is usually provided with the battery pack, but you must splice it together with wires from the dash camera's hardwiring kit. Please note the wire colors for the constant power wire and the accessory power wire are not the same in the VIOFO hardwire kits as it is for the wires coming out of the battery pack.
1711211632390.png1711211714493.png1711211886506.png

If the Neo 5's "constant power" pin (left most pin in the connector) is only providing power when the battery pack is being charged, that suggests the battery pack is not holding a charge.

I'm hard wirening viofo to cellink neo 5 using 3 wire output cable spliced with viofo hardwire kit hk4. I made sure its spliced correctly (in this case yellow to red, red to yellow, black to black).
And my battery pack is hardwired to a acc fuse using 2 wire egen cable. I have checked and battery is getting power, but doesn't look like its being charged. I took it home today and connected it to a similar voltage charger and as mentioned earlier - its only providing power on the output when battery pack is being charged.

But then again, it doesn't explain why my dash cam isn't starting when engine is on?

Anyway, it looks like the battery might be faulty, so I'll be returning it on Monday and will get q newer version cellink neo 8+ instead.

Thank you

But then again, it doesn't explain why my dash cam isn't starting when engine is on?
If the Neo 5 dash camera output accessory power (2nd pin from the left) is not providing any power, the VIOFO HK4 hardwiring kit will not turn on the accessory power to the A229 Pro over the USB connection. That will make it so the A229 Pro won't boot when the engine is running.

If the Neo 5 dash camera output accessory power (2nd pin from the left) is not providing any power, the VIOFO HK4 hardwiring kit will not turn on the accessory power to the A229 Pro over the USB connection. That will make it so the A229 Pro won't boot when the engine is running.

That makes sense. Thanks

Back