Change date on A129 Pro Duo

gotplanes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry another newbie question. How do you change the date on the camera? I went into settings and all I can change is the time zone.
I apologize if it's been asked before but I've searched and can't find it anywhere. Looked at Viofo website and googled it and nothing.

Well, if you change the timezone, then it will pick up the time from GPS.

Another way is to connect to your camera via Viofo app, set the timezone and then hit Time Synchronization with your phone.

Well, if you change the timezone, then it will pick up the time from GPS.

Another way is to connect to your camera via Viofo app, set the timezone and then hit Time Synchronization with your phone.
I tried that already. Time is correct it's the date that's wrong.

I tried that already. Time is correct it's the date that's wrong.
And what date it shows? I never saw such issue tbh. (for me, date was always part of a time :giggle:)

Another way around could be to connect to your camera via PC/laptop and set the date via Novatek's API:
1664665590421.png
But I haven't tried such thing yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what date it shows? I never saw such issue tbh. (for me, date was always part of a time :giggle:)
Because its me and electronics hate me. At first date showed 2/10/2022 I did the time sync and now its 1/10/2022. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Menu look for the Date / Time entry. Go into there and you will have 3 rows of data. The last row is how you select in what sequence the day and month are displayed, as I recall. The first and second are for setting the day/month/year and the hr/min/sec.
In the app it didn't have a date/time entry. Is this something I need to do in the camera itself?

I never touch the time date thing in dashcams, just set the time zone, which for Denmark are +2 hours in the summer time and +1 for the winter time / actual time zone with no daylight savings.
The dashcams can not handle daylight savings like out phones and computers can, so only way is to mess with the time zone, so in summer i change to +2 hours, but the actual / geographical time zone for Denmark are +1 hour.

I do hope we can loose that daylight savings BS soon, it is silly i think.

Once thats done everything is as it should be in regard to time / date.

Back