Cheap battery pack to run dash cam for only a few hours.

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
The recommended battery pack for my BlackVue is a bit too expensive for me. There must be perfectly good battery packs made that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Anyone happy with an alternative?
Looking for something that would charge from my ACC power supply and supply nominal 12v for only a couple of hours.
Thank you for your time

Do you know you absolutely need one? I just use the Blackvue Power Magic Pro (PMP)and it works fine - so far!

I drive less that one hour a day - actually usually only 30 minutes/day. I have parking mode on all the time and I'm usually fine with the PMP.

The cost of the B-124x is kind of crazy. I think some people somehow use a LifePo4 battery... I think that's a big savings if you go that route.

Last edited:
Do you know you absolutely need one? I just use the Blackvue Power Magic Pro (PMP)and it works fine - so far!

I drive less that one hour a day - actually usually only 30 minutes/day. I have parking mode on all the time and I'm usually fine with the PMP.

The cost of the B-124x is kind of crazy. I think some people somehow use a LifePo4 battery... I think that's a big savings if you go that route.
Yes, but the PMP has a power switch to turn off the parking mode part. Worked great in/with my previous 650 setup. However.. it did (PMP) have an internal reset that could mess up normal operation, forget now just what it entailed.

Which Blackvue dashcam are you using? The switch to turn off the PMP is merely a convenience to turn off power when your car is turned off and you don't need parking mode.

The PMP should work for you as it did in the past, unless you're using a newer X model that has the parking mode built in. In that case, I'm pretty sure you can adjust on your app when the dashcam turns off just like you did with the pmp.

Back