Cheap Rear Or Full Replacement?

Pespro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I currently have an F1 4K camera for the front of my car and a cheap Xiaomi cam for the rear.

Current issues with F1 is time data is incorrect, without resetting to factory settings, not sure how to fix this.
I have tried editing a file on the cam to change the time, but this does not work.

Second issue is getting any footage from the app takes unacceptable amount of time. I always remove the SD card and load on laptop. File size is around 500mb for 1 minute of 4K footage.
I understand this is an 'action' cam and expecting it to have great dashcam app is unrealistic.
It runs 4K at 30fps. When looking at the market, there does not seem to be any huge upgrades to this, such as 4K 60/120 fps recording. I do not like to upgrade things unless I am getting a big upgrade for my money.

Rear Xiaomi has multiple issues, it is run via USB powerbank. When I return home, this is unplugged. At work I turn the camera round to face the front and it runs for 7/8 hours.
Current issues when initially powered on, for about 3/4 resets it says SD card error reboot. It also reboots on its own for no reason and says the same error, this is random.
It also resets the time to 00:00 on every reboot. I can reset this to the current time by connecting my phone, but this resets to 00:00 on any reboots. I believe this camera is dying.
I love Xiaomi products and this is the only device out of £1K+ kit from this company to fail within 5 years. So i trust their reliability.

My options.

1. Keep F1 for front of new vehicle and buy cheap rear cam, which has at least current values of 1080P at 30fps. This cam also has WIFI and app capability.
2. Buy complete new system for front and rear, which is at least as good as current.

The main point against 2 is i don't see the point in rear cam at night. Because cams need light sources they usually get swamped by the headlights of the rear lights. Until a system comes out that has amazing night ability, i think 1 is my best option?
I am from the UK and do not mind at all buying for half price from China websites rather than Amazon/eBay UK.
For option 1 my budget would be £100, for option 2 my budget would be £200. I would prefer cheaper as the F1 was 4K 30fps for only £75 years ago.

Thank you all.

Hello all,

I currently have an F1 4K camera for the front of my car and a cheap Xiaomi cam for the rear.

Current issues with F1 is time data is incorrect, without resetting to factory settings, not sure how to fix this.
I have tried editing a file on the cam to change the time, but this does not work.

Second issue is getting any footage from the app takes unacceptable amount of time. I always remove the SD card and load on laptop. File size is around 500mb for 1 minute of 4K footage.
I understand this is an 'action' cam and expecting it to have great dashcam app is unrealistic.
It runs 4K at 30fps. When looking at the market, there does not seem to be any huge upgrades to this, such as 4K 60/120 fps recording. I do not like to upgrade things unless I am getting a big upgrade for my money.

Rear Xiaomi has multiple issues, it is run via USB powerbank. When I return home, this is unplugged. At work I turn the camera round to face the front and it runs for 7/8 hours.
Current issues when initially powered on, for about 3/4 resets it says SD card error reboot. It also reboots on its own for no reason and says the same error, this is random.
It also resets the time to 00:00 on every reboot. I can reset this to the current time by connecting my phone, but this resets to 00:00 on any reboots. I believe this camera is dying.
I love Xiaomi products and this is the only device out of £1K+ kit from this company to fail within 5 years. So i trust their reliability.

My options.

1. Keep F1 for front of new vehicle and buy cheap rear cam, which has at least current values of 1080P at 30fps. This cam also has WIFI and app capability.
2. Buy complete new system for front and rear, which is at least as good as current.

The main point against 2 is i don't see the point in rear cam at night. Because cams need light sources they usually get swamped by the headlights of the rear lights. Until a system comes out that has amazing night ability, i think 1 is my best option?
I am from the UK and do not mind at all buying for half price from China websites rather than Amazon/eBay UK.
For option 1 my budget would be £100, for option 2 my budget would be £200. I would prefer cheaper as the F1 was 4K 30fps for only £75 years ago.

Thank you all.
Hi
I'm in the UK
I have the nextbase 522gw at front and now the nextbase 122 at back.
I agree about the back with night time and rain but summertime is light up until 9pm plus so I reckon it's still better to have one.
I would def go two sep cams.
One at front with GPS etc and a rear without.

Back