China is building an elevated bus that straddles traffic.

That was in the news few months ago as well but looks like they finally decided to build it.
It'd be good for ambulances and other emergency vehicles here in busy cities.
The only problem would be the traffic lights and electricity wires that'll come in between as they have to be able to go over big trucks and that doesn't leave much room.

Look like a tall man like me have to be careful with that sucker around, and i guess vans / trucks and buses and what else tall will have to drive somewhere else.

I have once been hit in the head by the mirror of a bus pulling into the bus stop, but i guess that was my own fault standing too close to the curb.

But this is taking wide gauge to a whole new level.

Last edited:
I thought Chinese buses drove over cars, already?

It seems to make more sense to build an elevated tram line.

It would have cost more to build elevated transist system than to build that bus and redo any overhanging wires and stuff so it won't snag on the bus.

The issues they may face including car breaking down and stopping too close to the curb for the bus to slip through, idiot stuck making a turn, careless lane change causing accident while under the bus, and cross intersection blockers.

They better line the underside with rubber, and springs, and have a lot of cameras underneath.
The bottom better be sound proofed, also.
I can imagine a lot of honking going on underneath.
:)

Back