Choppy playback on iOS smooth on Windows...

based on what I found and what media info shows I’m still unsure.

Attachments

• 66503D30-D693-4A75-A67E-3377E7B8C4BA.jpeg
    66503D30-D693-4A75-A67E-3377E7B8C4BA.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 7
in reading further, i'm finding the following in regards to iphone xs, xsmax, and xr

.mp4 videos must match the these requirements video codecd in HEVC, H.264, MPEG-4 Part 2, and Motion JPEGDolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), or Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+).

are the b1w's mp4 recordings in this format? has anyone tested on an iphone 11 or 11 pro?

iPhone 11 Pro here and I have the same issue as you.

Pro version of the app?
I’m suggesting a firmware upgrade using a new codec.

Right. Being able to play it locally in the app only does so much. I want to be able to play it anywhere on my phone, or send it to someone who doesn't have the app. You're right that they need to update the firmware to record with a correct codec

Can someone please upload a video sample that has the issue?

I saw similar on the A129 Pro on a Macbook when in h264 mode - in h265 mode it's fine.

Just wondering if it's the same problem or something different. If the same would point to an SDK glitch possibly used for both (if they match)

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Can someone please upload a video sample that has the issue?

I saw similar on the A129 Pro on a Macbook when in h264 mode - in h265 mode it's fine.

Just wondering if it's the same problem or something different. If the same would point to an SDK glitch possibly used for both (if they match)

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It won't let me choose the video. I can say that, with this one, I transferred it to my Mac via Airdrop and it plays great on my mac. I transfer it back to the phone and it doesn't play correctly again.

But I've also had it where I couldn't get it to play well on my Mac unless I upload to Drive.

I was having the same issue. I downloaded the KMPlayer (free app) on my iPhone and it plays the files directly from your photos folder. You don’t have to upload to cloud. There is an option in the player to “turn off hardware acceleration” which stops the stuttering video issue. Not sure why that fixes it but it does. 86134C47-A9A6-4AE2-9D7E-167D4BC7B35F.jpeg

That also worked for me. Thanks! Hopefully they will be able to figure this out so it can be played in the default player again.

Well we are 3 months on now and still no fix? I’ll be jumping to a new platform pretty soon here.

Well we are 3 months on now and still no fix? I’ll be jumping to a new platform pretty soon here.
If you use an Android phone, I can send you the beta APP for testing...

I do not. Is there an iOS app being tested as well?
We try a built-in a VLC player in the APP, but impossible to avoid the dead frames when playback starts! So we gave up!

We try a built-in a VLC player in the APP, but impossible to avoid the dead frames when playback starts! So we gave up!

wow, ok. I guess I’m getting a different dash cam and never recommending this company ever again

wow, ok. I guess I’m getting a different dash cam and never recommending this company ever again
Understand!
Anyway, I will let you when a new beta APP available for test!

Understand!
Anyway, I will let you when a new beta APP available for test!
Hi, is it possible for us to return the camera until you guys sort out the issue? Because am an iPhone user, for me this camera is useless if it cannot playback the captured video.

Hi, is it possible for us to return the camera until you guys sort out the issue? Because am an iPhone user, for me this camera is useless if it cannot playback the captured video.
Yes, it is okay to return!

Because am an iPhone user, for me this camera is useless if it cannot playback the captured video.
Tell me your email address, I will send you the firmware to solve it!

estore009, is there a new firmware that fixes the issue? I don’t see it on the website.

In preliminary tests, this firmware fixed it for me as well. I just installed it and ran 1 test, so we'll see. Does this firmware also include parking mode? I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to see if it works correctly with the new firmware.

Also, I do appreciate that you all continued to work on fixing this issue, even after you said you wouldn't. Next step will be to figure out OTA firmware updates :)

Last edited:
Back