cig adaptor 650s

baz2011uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

been reading a few posts for a few weeks now since i got my BV650S
all hand wired in using a PMP but not 100% happy with it as not getting a great amount of parking mode time
so after reading a few posts on here i have just ordered myself a cellink B as it looks like it will suit my needs better
i plan to remove the PMP and hand wire the Cellink B in to get the fast charge times
i see the cellink B comes with 2 output leads, hand wire or cig adaptor. i am hoping to use the hand wire as to save the bulk of the cig adaptors and hopefully make it a cleaner install
my question is can i cut the cig adaptor off on the BV650S and splice theses into the hand wire lead from the cellink B
if cutting the cig adaptor and splicing into the BV650S lead anyone know what i would be greeted with i am guessing 1 red and 1 black wire (i know on the BV750 this is the case so i have been told

also would i leave the yellow wire on the cellink B output hard wire cable unused

many thanks Baz

Perhaps you mean HARD WIRE???????

It is far better to use the cig adaptor because one day you might want to remove the camera and use it in another vehicle when on holiday or similar The ciggy plug does have a fuse in it so to be safe you would have to also include a line fuse of the same capacity as the one in the ciggy plug

If you arent getting a lot of time perhaps you should check your battery It may be the problem as the PMP only reads what it sees

lol ops hand wire (can i blame the predictive text)

I agree with Hillbilly...!!

I get 12-15 hrs without an issue.... Actually, mine has never shut down overnite.....Your battery must be marginal..?? I use the PMP also.

What motors do you have it in
Mines a 2016 golf I had the battery tested as that what I thought and it was fine I have the cellink b now so may as well use it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean..? It's on a 2016 Tacoma..!

Not sure what you mean..? It's on a 2016 Tacoma..!
What car is it installed in I know vw electrics can be a Little sensitive sometimes so could be that causing the issue

VW electrics certainly are different . I have a Polo and a Passat. My cameras are HARD wired by hand LOL and run off spare fuse slots that arent being used for anything. Have been going OK for 4 years so must be doing something right Your Celllink can be wired in the same way as most VW have power to one side of the spare slots and you can fit an addadfuse and just put the fuse in the top slot and run your battery off that.

If you dont understand what I am meaning Print it out and get a sparky to wire it up

Attachments

• addafuse correct.jpg
    addafuse correct.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
Wiring it up using a add a fuse if easy as it's how I did the pmp
I used the cigarette lighter fuse for the Acc and the towing electrics fuse for the constant
Not like I am ever going to tow using a golf R lol
As the cellink b only needs a ground and a Acc I will just use the same cigarette lighter fuse
My main question regarding chopping the plug off the bv650s was just to make the install clean and tidy as the cellink b female plug is very short approx 10cm long so would be close to the cellink b in the glove box I have looked to see if they sell a longer version but no luck finding one

Never gonna live the hand wire down now am I lol [emoji23]

Just buy some wire and solder an extension in When I wired my rear camera in I bought some twin cable and soldered it onto the ciggy socket and ran it forward from the rear quarter under the trim along the floor to the fuse box. took the hot off a spare fuse and the earth where everything else was and ran the camera cable behind the trim and the taildoor seal up to the camera Can remove camera and cable in about 5 mins

Just buy some wire and solder an extension in When I wired my rear camera in I bought some twin cable and soldered it onto the ciggy socket and ran it forward from the rear quarter under the trim along the floor to the fuse box. took the hot off a spare fuse and the earth where everything else was and ran the camera cable behind the trim and the taildoor seal up to the camera Can remove camera and cable in about 5 mins
Brilliant idea do you think 16 18 awg wires would be fine

Probably I used slightly heavier because I already had it Better a bit heavier than too light

16-22AWG is fine. The cams (dual) uses 4.7W of power at peak and that equals to 4mA current. Nothing that 22AWG isn't cableable of handling. Use what you got.. 16-18AWG will do the job, just fine. :)

wire now extended so all good thanks for noting i should extend it didn't even think of it tbh

Hope you soldered the joints and not just wrapped the wires together

Back