Cloud recording activated but nothing showing in cloud storage area on iOS app

Any update on this, I have a BlackVue 900x running firmware 1.005, house wifi connected first in list and an iPhone 12pro max with iOS 14.4 and still nothing loads to the cloud service. I’ve contacted support but only got the generic email to update firmware. Very disappointing as I changed from Thinkware u1000 to this when I changed my car as I’d had similar issues with that. Are these people over selling the features or do I expect too much when I just want it to do as advertised and “load video and events to the cloud”
It won't upload anything on its own. There needs to be user activity in form choosing which file/files should be uploaded or, in case of AutoUpload is enabled, an event must occur. Nothing more, nothing less.

why are you connecting to your house wifi?
Well, one can access files from a camera without mobile data consumption, which is handy. Not to mention direct access which even bypasses Blackvue's servers (Amazon's to be precise) with higher download speed for files and online MJPEG stream.

I assume thats just to save on mobile data, but i dont think the BV cameras can remain on and do that after parked ?
Don't know about other models but DR900S/X are able to have Wifi on nonstop.

Well, one can access files from a camera without mobile data consumption, which is handy. Not to mention direct access which even bypasses Blackvue's servers (Amazone's to be precise) with higher download speed for files and online MJPEG stream.
yeah I get that there are other possibilities, I suspect there may be a misunderstanding about how the cloud service functions though going by the questions raised

If there are misunderstandings about what these smart / cloud cameras can actually do, it will not be the first time, or the last time i am sure.
I am not even aware how it is with the other brand OP come from, i tend to personally ignore these kind of systems as what they offer in that regard i dont want.

The Blackvue cameras are supposed to auto upload events to the cloud based on your settings. If a scenario that you are monitoring is fulfilled the Blackvue camera is supposed to upload the video to the cloud. This apparently is not working for many. I have the 750x+ and I have not been able to make it work yet.

I don’t have a rear camera but I do have a rear port for one.

i turned on every live event upload setting.

Last edited:
Just checked mine.

Cloud and live event upload are working as advertised.

DR900X-2CH and app version 3.2.

what are you expecting it to do?

why are you connecting to your house wifi?

because he is at home and there is no need to waste data over a hotspot.

here is what he is talking about.

It matters not if I’m driving/parking over my hotspot or connected to my home WiFi.

I can manually upload videos to the cloud. I can access my camera from the cloud.
I cannot get the camera to auto upload events to the space below.

This is the main feature of this camera IMHO.

4210070-C-C20-B-48-FA-92-FF-F345318-EFE7-B.png

Example
This Parking Impact event should have automatically upload to the live event upload space but I had to manually upload it to the cloud space.

B79-EE1-F3-AC83-4-B57-8-B35-2-BD414-D68-CCB.png

as you can see I have all the options turned for Live Event Uploads.

390-AB661-2957-4-BA2-91-CA-2659632-FDF87.png

An event involving parking impact detection should auto upload to the cloud.

Last edited:
It matters not if I’m driving/parking over my hotspot or connected to my home WiFi.

I can manually upload videos to the cloud. I can access my camera from the cloud.
I cannot get the camera to auto upload events to the space below.

This is the main feature of this camera IMHO.

An event involving parking impact detection should auto upload to the cloud.

I can see nothing wrong with your configuration.

Mine is the same except that I have a rear cam. It will upload vids to the Live Event Upload space whether it's connected to the car's hotspot or to the home wifi.

Definitely something going on with your hardware, IMO.

Mine shipped with firmware 1.002 maybe I need to downgrade.

Not for my model. 750x+

I’m calling their tech support as soon as they open today.

Last edited:
Not for my model. 750x+

I’m calling their tech support as soon as the open today.

Ah, missed that.

Agree, I think you're out of options on your own. Best of luck, I know they're not great trying to pry help from.

Blackvue is not answering.

The have a canned recording saying they are busy helping others but it’s been on since 9am PST.

“All agents are busy at the moment. Please try your call later or email us….” Click

I emailed them yesterday and today.

So all day they are denying anyone Customer Support.
Seems nonexistent.

im a squeaky wheel. I won’t be ignored.

Last edited:
I think it also kinda sucks that without subscription the “autoupload” saves only a live-stream triggered by the event so there won’t be the key footage actually because the uploaded video starts even 5-10 seconds after the trigger.
I hadn’t discovered that yet. I realized only recently that (without a subscription) you have limited views to video…not just live view but reviewing your own videos through the cloud.

That Saturday was on a holiday weekend but they were open for business and a firmware upgrade was about to be released. Still they should not have queued up a recorded message saying they were helping others when they clearly were not.

Firmware update fixed my issue a few days later.

Last edited:
I think it also kinda sucks that without subscription the “autoupload” saves only a live-stream triggered by the event so there won’t be the key footage actually because the uploaded video starts even 5-10 seconds after the trigger.
Hold a sec, I don't have DR900S/X anymore (but I'm in the process of consideration of DR900X Plus) but I think I saw in one of the recent changelogs that they "fixed" this and it should upload the whole event, including pre-buffered part prior trigger. So it still doesn't work?

This was one of the things I didn't like about their cloud solution.

0805-D53-E-A43-A-4-B84-B8-B0-1-F15-BDFBE328.png
I can’t find the release notes on firmware 1.003 because they have removed those details in the latest app upgrade. Prior to 1.003 you could read the release notes.

Back