Complete Review BlackSys CF-100. 2Ch 1080p Sony Exmor CMOS + 720p, GPS, 24/7 Parking.

So if you want to use both camera on parking mode you have to use the previous firmware version (M 1.2) ?

what are difference between the two firmware?

Just an update, the parking video motion detect on the current CF-100 firmware is based on the front camera only. Not a deal killer, but you will have to rely on the G sensor to detect any rear impacts and not necessarily have all the video leading up to the event. An interesting observation on my unit is that the parking mode voice announcement, when set at max volume, generates enough vibration to trigger the G sensor when set at the mid levels. This results in a constant entering/exiting parking mode loop. Annoying, but can be resolved by lowering the volume.

KuoH

Both cameras will still record, but only the front will trigger on scene motion. I never tried parking mode on the previous firmware, so I don't know if it works any differently. Shocks detected by the G sensor will still trigger an exit to parking mode and record from both cameras. I don't recall all the differences between the firmware, but I recall noticing the rear channel became brighter though with a slower screen update frame rate, through my tinted rear window.

KuoH

So if you want to use both camera on parking mode you have to use the previous firmware version (M 1.2)

i finally got my camera set up in my wife's car. it was up for 2 days, and on the 2nd day after sitting in the sun, the mount became loose (the circle part where you tighten it). so now the camera is just flopping around. anyone come up with a more permanent fix between the camera and the mount?

Somebody mentioned wrapping something around the ball to increase the friction. I might suggest a piece of thin cloth, the rougher the better. Avoid tape or anything else with adhesive, unless it's VHB, so it doesn't end up leaving sticky goo all over when the sun melts it.

KuoH

... the mount became loose (the circle part where you tighten it). so now the camera is just flopping around. anyone come up with a more permanent fix between the camera and the mount?

Somebody mentioned wrapping something around the ball to increase the friction. I might suggest a piece of thin cloth, the rougher the better. Avoid tape or anything else with adhesive, unless it's VHB, so it doesn't end up leaving sticky goo all over when the sun melts it.

KuoH

@Gibson99 suggested cutting off the tip of a surgical type glove to put over the ball. I am using his idea right now, and it works great.

thanks for the quick responses!! i'll definitely try out the surgical glove technique, i have a bunch of those laying around.

Yep, I keep nitrile gloves in my toolbox to help keep my hands a little less greasy when working on the cars. when our cf-100 got loose and we couldn't tighten the ball mount any tighter without breaking it, i tried the glove fingertip thing. works great so far!

Howdy. Question: I got an "recording has stopped" message this morning and after connecting the card to a PC I've noticed that my micro SD Samsung 64GB Evo card some how got write protected (WTF???) on its own and I guess run out of space. I never changed card's properties (there is no even such option in Blacksys players that I'm using) and I doubt there is a way to lock/unlock a card through the CF-100. Has anyone heard about anything like that? I cant delete, I cant format (neither PC or Dash cam formatting works), I can't do anything with this card. Any idea what's going on? Is it my cam's soft glitch or my card went bad?

when a sandisk ultra card failed in my cf-100, i had no idea anything was wrong at first. one day my wife came home and said "you gotta get my memory card, i had this truck tailgating so close i couldn't see his headlights, and another idiot pulled out in front of me and i almost hit him..." or somethng like that. so i go get the card, and not only is the stuff she described not there, the newest recording is 3 days old. yet we've been driving the car every day and the camera has been ON, and even saying "2 channel recordings are getting started" like normal.

so i started checking the other recordings on the card, and it seemed about half of them were corrupt and unplayable. i could not put a new file or folder on the card and could not delete or even rename existing ones.

my guess is your samsung card failed as well, but it did it in a better way than the sandisk card did - it actually let the OS or device controller know something was wrong, and the camera knew what to do with that error message, so it actually told you.

so far i'm happy with my sandisk high endurance card, which is specifically designed for dashcam/DVR duty. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-arent-suited-to-dashcams-are-now-over.10017/

The card has likely failed, though this is better than the typical failure mode we see when it just loses everything. Sandisk cards do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung does the same thing.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8656

KuoH
ok. Thanks. I work with a few "tech savvy" guys and they tried all their magic and pronounced my card "locked for some f...g reason" :) and seems to me you are right. That card is only 6 months old and I'm really surprised it failed so quick... After researching online I bought a 64GB SanDisk High Endurance 64GB Video Monitoring microSDXC with wear leveling technology, will see if tit actually helps.

when a sandisk ultra card failed in my cf-100, i had no idea anything was wrong at first. one day my wife came home and said "you gotta get my memory card, i had this truck tailgating so close i couldn't see his headlights, and another idiot pulled out in front of me and i almost hit him..." or somethng like that. so i go get the card, and not only is the stuff she described not there, the newest recording is 3 days old. yet we've been driving the car every day and the camera has been ON, and even saying "2 channel recordings are getting started" like normal.

so i started checking the other recordings on the card, and it seemed about half of them were corrupt and unplayable. i could not put a new file or folder on the card and could not delete or even rename existing ones.

my guess is your samsung card failed as well, but it did it in a better way than the sandisk card did - it actually let the OS or device controller know something was wrong, and the camera knew what to do with that error message, so it actually told you.

so far i'm happy with my sandisk high endurance card, which is specifically designed for dashcam/DVR duty. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-arent-suited-to-dashcams-are-now-over.10017/
I was listening to the radio and haven't heard the beginning of the message, by after checking the recording looks like the card failed yesterday around 6PM.
I just got the same Sandisk high endurance off newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0DF-0005-00C21, will see what kind of endurance it has. :)

Do you remember if your dash cam was making chime/bells sound on turn off for the past few days before you realized that your SD has failed? I can't say for sure, but I think my CF-100 stopped making chimes yesterday and I don't remember hearing them today morning, but after I installed another card my dashcam started making chimes when I turn ignition off.

The CF-100 does normally have voice announcements when starting to record, entering/exiting parking more and chimes on G sensor or shutdown. Maybe you can try the defective card in the camera and see what it does now? I have to say though, I have had my Samsung EVO 64GB for well over a year and it has been used in the CF-100 since the first day and hasn't had a problem yet, guess I'm lucky.

KuoH

Do you remember if your dash cam was making chime/bells sound on turn off for the past few days before you realized that your SD has failed?

do either of you have yours wired for parking mode? i do. so i only ever hear the shutdown chimes when the battery drain protector cuts power to the camera, such as when the doors have been open a while and all the dome lights are on, and it drops the battery below 12.2v. most times though i never hear them. the g-sensor makes the same "beep beep" noise as it does when you press emergency.

and when my card failed, the camera was making all the normal noises and lights it always has, so that's why it was such a surprise to see that the card didn't have any recent recordings.

The CF-100 does normally have voice announcements when starting to record, entering/exiting parking more and chimes on G sensor or shutdown. Maybe you can try the defective card in the camera and see what it does now? I have to say though, I have had my Samsung EVO 64GB for well over a year and it has been used in the CF-100 since the first day and hasn't had a problem yet, guess I'm lucky.

KuoH
I got Samsung Evo only because it was one of the highest rated micro SD on the market and I never had any issues with Samsung stuff before, but well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

do either of you have yours wired for parking mode? i do. so i only ever hear the shutdown chimes when the battery drain protector cuts power to the camera, such as when the doors have been open a while and all the dome lights are on, and it drops the battery below 12.2v. most times though i never hear them. the g-sensor makes the same "beep beep" noise as it does when you press emergency.

and when my card failed, the camera was making all the normal noises and lights it always has, so that's why it was such a surprise to see that the card didn't have any recent recordings.
Nope, I never used it in parking mode and it shuts down every time I turn my ignition off. My CF's G-sensor makes "beep-beep", but shutdown sounds completely different, something like a door bells

Nope, I never used it in parking mode and it shuts down every time I turn my ignition off. My CF's G-sensor makes "beep-beep", but shutdown sounds completely different, something like a door bells
yes, the "chimes" or "tring-a-ling" shutdown sound is very different from the emergency button/g-sensor sound. it showed up in new in the M1.3 firmware. M1.2 used to actually say something like "shutting down" but i guess they needed a little more space for firmware code or something and that was the least critical sound. that's my guess anyway.

the sandisk ultra card (supposedly comparable to the samsung evo) failed after about a month in my cf, though that was with parking mode. 6 months seems rather short for non-parking mode unless you drive for a living.

the sandisk ultra card (supposedly comparable to the samsung evo) failed after about a month in my cf, though that was with parking mode. 6 months seems rather short for non-parking mode unless you drive for a living.
I used 32GB Sandisk Ultra for a few months before and using it right now as a replacement for EVO and hope that it gonna last at least a few days till I get my high endurance Sandisk. I don't drive much and was really surprised by EVO's failure, like I said it lasted me 6 month and only reasons for a premature failure I see are TX heat (I park outside a lot, but using a sun sceor lack of the wear leveling.

plenty of heat here in houston too, but even on a cool day like today, the card is hot to the touch when removing it from the camera immediately after shutdown. even when it's been parked in the shade and is just a little warm inside.

Back