Complete Review BlackSys CF-100. 2Ch 1080p Sony Exmor CMOS + 720p, GPS, 24/7 Parking.

unfortunately 1 minute is it. it's not even an option in the settings.

emergency/"event" files are always 30 seconds - 10 seconds before the g-sensor trigger or button press and 20 seconds after. it will also leave you with fragments of normal video on either side that are less than one minute. kind of tedious if you're putting them back together in a video editor, but not TOO bad. if you're applying effects to the whole thing (such as speeding up/down, zoom, whatever, i suggest putting the clips in the editor, re-rendering it as one long video, THEN apply effects.

don't forget that it combines front and rear video into one AVI file, which many editors can't handle. i wrote a script to break them apart so it's easier to work with - link in my signature.

Thanks for your help. Ive already downloaded your script and it has worked a treat, as i hate the cf-100 software and VLC is good but annoying sometimes trying to get the main view i want to be the full screen.

Ive even got Power Director and had a play about with it and have done the same with the rear cam as a rear view mirror type option in my vids.

Thanks again and its a great wee bit of kit, loving my cf-100 :)

unfortunately 1 minute is it. it's not even an option in the settings.

emergency/"event" files are always 30 seconds - 10 seconds before the g-sensor trigger or button press and 20 seconds after. it will also leave you with fragments of normal video on either side that are less than one minute. kind of tedious if you're putting them back together in a video editor, but not TOO bad. if you're applying effects to the whole thing (such as speeding up/down, zoom, whatever, i suggest putting the clips in the editor, re-rendering it as one long video, THEN apply effects.

don't forget that it combines front and rear video into one AVI file, which many editors can't handle. i wrote a script to break them apart so it's easier to work with - link in my signature.

How come on the Blacksys site it states that there has been an update to the cf-100 firmware to version 2.3A, but everytime i click the link in the picture it goes to a blank page?

As it sounds like it solves alot of the problems people have been describing that theyve been having like pixellation due to tree lined streets etc.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 18
If you go to the blacksys homepage, on the bottom left hand corner is the NEWS section. The 2nd item on the list says cf-100 new firmware annouced. When u click the link it describes the changes in the new firmware and gives links to download english or russian versions of firmware 2.3A. But when u click the link its a blank download page.

If you go to the blacksys homepage, on the bottom left hand corner is the NEWS section. The 2nd item on the list says cf-100 new firmware annouced. When u click the link it describes the changes in the new firmware and gives links to download english or russian versions of firmware 2.3A. But when u click the link its a blank download page.
Contact their customer service directly via e-mail in regards to this "error".

See this thread - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blacksys-cf-100-firmware-question.5687/

Could v2.3 be an older firmware and Blacksys have changed the naming scheme of the firmware updates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't recall seeing anyone mention this, but I just tested a PNY 128GB card in my cf-100 and it seems to work fine. The bad news, as expected, it wastes about 24GB of space pre-allocating 400+ files in the events folder. I wish the developer would fix this in the next firmware and make this adjustable or set 4 to 8 GB as a maximum instead of wasting so much space.

KuoH

i don't remember if i read this or not, but if i reformat my card in place in the camera, will it erase the event files too (which is what i want since my car makes a lot of events since my ride is stiff)?

or do i have to manually take the card out and to a computer each time i want to erase event files?

Just received mine - only £60 delivered on Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00KFYG0K0
Just need to find time to fit it in the family car... Then find a reasonably priced GPS module. Best I've found so far is £22 delivered, which feels far too expensive :/

i don't remember if i read this or not, but if i reformat my card in place in the camera, will it erase the event files too (which is what i want since my car makes a lot of events since my ride is stiff)?

or do i have to manually take the card out and to a computer each time i want to erase event files?
I think it should erase everything, but I've only ever formatted a blank card in the camera. Can't hurt to try!

Yup, that's the point of formatting. Just don't do it with anything larger than a 32GB card in this dashcam, gotta use a PC for that.

KuoH

I think it should erase everything, but I've only ever formatted a blank card in the camera. Can't hurt to try!

Last edited by a moderator:
finally caved and bought this for $90US on amazon. got the new CH-100 on its way too for review, so I will be doing a comparison!

interested to see your take on the CH-100. I think @niko said it had a really low bitrate, so videos were blocky at times.
Im usually a lot more lenient then most people here though with video quality. Considering I use blackvues and with standard firmware hah. I haven't looked into that ch-100 specs much but I think the form factor is a big improvement over the cf100.

oh i totally agree. i almost bought one to put in my wife's car (maybe keep the cf100 in front, ch-100 rear, then each one's 2nd chan in the side windows, like your setup)... but since what i have works, and i don't NEED side channels, i can't justify spending the money on it (and another BDP device) right now. one of our trees out back seems to have died and we'll probably have to buy another to replace it, so there goes the money i would've spent on the ch-100.

interested to see your take on the CH-100. I think @niko said it had a really low bitrate, so videos were blocky at times.
Actually I do like CH-100 a lot: form-factor, loads of useful functions / options, trully fully loaded user interface / App with tons of different settings. The only thing is low bit-rate, combined 10Mbps, front 1080p 6Mbps, rear 720p 4Mbps. For city nice sunny day time driving this maybe almost OK ( can read numberplates at around 40kmph, but for speeds around 50kmph and up numberplates are blurry ). I wish they could rise bit-rate.

Just finished reading the thread (and also mirroring my post here)

May I know what is the exact dimension of the plug/port?
is it a 1.3mm /1.35mm or a 2.1mm ?

Just an update, the parking video motion detect on the current CF-100 firmware is based on the front camera only. Not a deal killer, but you will have to rely on the G sensor to detect any rear impacts and not necessarily have all the video leading up to the event. An interesting observation on my unit is that the parking mode voice announcement, when set at max volume, generates enough vibration to trigger the G sensor when set at the mid levels. This results in a constant entering/exiting parking mode loop. Annoying, but can be resolved by lowering the volume.

KuoH

Back