Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

size of the memory card depends how many files you want on the camera before it starts over writing the old files, 32gb will get you around 4 hours worth before it starts deleting the older files

Do you mean the camera delete older files automatically? Which mode should I be in to do that? 5 min loop mode?

Cause I turned off the loop mode and the camera hit me with a "Card Full" message after a few days. Doesnt delete files by itself.

hey guys Im ready to pull the trigger on the G1W-C...but I need some confirmation

since it's capacitor can I just hardwire it with voltage protection and run it 24/7 loop recording mode to act as parking mode?

How much recording time do I get with 64GB @ 1080p/30 at whatever bitrate this camera operates at? Roughly 8 hours?

Does 120 degree cover pretty much the entire windshield into the video frame when placed behind the rearview mirror? My windshield is approx 38 inches and I want the frame to cover pillar to pillar.

Are loose USB still a problem? I'm likely buying from Fox Offer

I read this from another forum regarding motion detection...is there a FW that address this issue?

As for Motion Detection, here is where the problem lies. The timeout is too short. So you pull up to a red light and stop. There is no other traffic or motion detected by the dashcam and ten seconds later, the dashcam goes to sleep...... Completely missing that car crashing into you out of nowhere or the guy in the other lane running the red.

In my testing, The G1W-C takes two seconds to detect movement, wake up and start recording. In an accident, two seconds is a lifetime.

It almost seems like the algorithm for the motion detection was programmed for busy city traffic, where there would be constant movement of a certain percentage for the dashcam sensor to keep it alive.

What we really need is a motion detection "sleep timer" of at least 90 seconds to two minutes. As it is now, the dashcam is going to miss a lot while it is sleeping.

BTW, the file sizes are only for that 10 seconds that have been recorded during the motion detection event, not the full 2, 3 or 5 minutes you set in the options for default recording time. Therefore, you get a bunch of 14 - 17MB sized files from motion detection.

I wonder if there is a way to get the word to people who program the firmware to increase the "stay awake" timer after motion is detected for those of us that don't live in the big city.

reason being?

I understand the high end camera with dedictated parking mode would be better, but why would hardwiring a cheaper capacitor camera be not ideal?

reason being?

I understand the high end camera with dedictated parking mode would be better, but why would hardwiring a cheaper capacitor camera be not ideal?

they don't do parking mode well, you could certainly leave it running all the time though

Anyone in here running their G1W 24/7? Is there a concern for overheating after hours of usage?

Anyone in here running their G1W 24/7? Is there a concern for overheating after hours of usage?

capacitor version I meant

It's still a product built to a price though, how long at would run for 24/7 I'm not sure

if you want a product that does parking mode correctly and can run 24/7 365 buy a Panorama, I know they've been endurance tested for over 12 months continuous usage, you pay more for that kind of build quality though

you need loop on or it will fill the card and then stop

Thanks! Tested it out today and works like a charm.

I was initially under the impression that the 5 min loop will just loop a single file... which isnt the case, they loop multiple files upto a total of 32gb (my SD card size).

Perfecto!

My G1W-C is still functioning even in high heat conditions lately in Southern California. I don't go through the menus very often, so it is like learning from scratch each time I have to reset the clock/time (which occurs every so often). The date/time resets back to 2000, but fortunately, the other camera settings are retained. I drive daily, so the time/date settings being lost aren't due to the dash cam sitting idle for days.

I also haven't fully committed to my memory how to retrieve a certain video clip while on the camera, such as if/when I would have to show a police officer that the other driver is at fault after a collision........ I suppose I should practice more!

any one seen a part supplier for mounting brackets for this version.... I need a supplier in the uk.. seems this type of mount is quite comon and and the bracket attachment which is like a T shape isn't that good.

I have a few cameras all with similar mounts and although cameras are excellent the poor bracket and suction mounts supplied are low quality :(

any one seen a part supplier for mounting brackets for this version.... I need a supplier in the uk.. seems this type of mount is quite comon and and the bracket attachment which is like a T shape isn't that good.

I have a few cameras all with similar mounts and although cameras are excellent the poor bracket and suction mounts supplied are low quality :(

High quality bracket would cost half price ( incl. shipping ) of the unit itself.

I bought this from ebay and it's working out ok for me.

I hard wired mine with a 1A fuse and it's not retaining the date/time, but retains the info when used with the car charger.
Should I change the fuse to a 2A one to fix the issue?

I hard wired mine with a 1A fuse and it's not retaining the date/time, but retains the info when used with the car charger.
Should I change the fuse to a 2A one to fix the issue?

something else is up, will have nothing to do with the fuse

Hi, before you buy check out our store! Full video review with actual video footage in all different lighting. We are also a Canadian company with full support and warranty.
WWW.reliable-eyewitness.com

hey guys Im ready to pull the trigger on the G1W-C...but I
need some confirmation

since it's capacitor can I just hardwire it with voltage protection and run it 24/7 loop recording mode to act as parking mode?

How much recording time do I get with 64GB @ 1080p/30 at whatever bitrate this camera operates at? Roughly 8 hours?

Does 120 degree cover pretty much the entire windshield into the video frame when placed behind the rearview mirror? My windshield is approx 38 inches and I want the frame to cover pillar to pillar.

Are loose USB still a problem? I'm likely buying from Fox Offer

I read this from another forum regarding motion detection...is there a FW that address this issue?

About to order one - in Florida, so batteries are a problem. Thanks for the great advice in this thread. Will report back once installed.

Back