Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

So question...
Can we replace battery when the original one dies with another battery or with a capacitor in G1W?

I just got my dashcam and put a 64gb samsung sd card in there class 10 and everytime I push the card in the camera turns off. What a disappointment, any ideas?

This is my first dash cam. I have been running it for about 4 weeks with a Samsung 32 GB card and it's been working great so far. The original bracket was a little big, so I purchased a new 3M sticky bracket mount so it fits better behind my mirror.

I do have one question, I just returned from a trip to Florida. After parked in the hot sun, I heard a beep coming from within my car. I couldn't pinpoint the source, but I'm assuming it was one of my devices triggering a high heat alarm. Does the G1W-C have a high-heat alarm? Should I be concerned?

Well i don't know much about the internals and the different functions the hardware that the dashcam can deliver. But i personally dont think that the 'cheap build' G1W got some sort of sensor build in to feel if it get's to hot.
But i could be wrong tho :)

Okay, I ordered one along with a mirror mount. I have a question I have probably should have been asked before I bought it- Will the camera run off of a USB port? My car has 4 USB ports but only one "lighter-style" outlet that I would like to leave open for a GPS or anything else that can only use that type of socket for power. My car also has power running to the mirror and my best option would be to piggyback on the 12v power that is already available right next to where the camera is going to be mounted. Has anyone done this?

Okay, I ordered one along with a mirror mount. I have a question I have probably should have been asked before I bought it- Will the camera run off of a USB port? My car has 4 USB ports but only one "lighter-style" outlet that I would like to leave open for a GPS or anything else that can only use that type of socket for power. My car also has power running to the mirror and my best option would be to piggyback on the 12v power that is already available right next to where the camera is going to be mounted. Has anyone done this?
to connect to 12v circuit, you need 12v to 5v miniusb converter:

to connect to 12v circuit, you need 12v to 5v miniusb converter:

That is not something I would need. My car's USB ports have the voltage that it would need, if I used that option. So you are saying that this camera WILL work off of a USB port, Niko?

That is not something I would need. My car's USB ports have the voltage that it would need, if I used that option. So you are saying that this camera WILL work off of a USB port, Niko?
Yes, you need this !

@ yours:

.... My car also has power running to the mirror and my best option would be to piggyback on the 12v power that is already available right next to where the camera is going to be mounted. Has anyone done this?

Yes, you need this !

@ yours:

.... My car also has power running to the mirror and my best option would be to piggyback on the 12v power that is already available right next to where the camera is going to be mounted. Has anyone done this?

My point was that piggybacking onto the 12v power already in my mirror would allow me to NOT use the lighter plug, which is also 12v. I just have no idea how how to do it and I bet somebody does!

My point was that piggybacking onto the 12v power already in my mirror would allow me to NOT use the lighter plug, which is also 12v. I just have no idea how how to do it and I bet somebody does!

A USB port always has the same voltage to be able to be USB. I wouldn't need an adapter for a USB port because my car has USB ports. Will the camera run on a USB power source or does it need to be plugged into the 12v outlet?

yes, I got your point, thats why gave you proper solution.
Your dashcam usb input is 5V, power source is 12V. Hense you need to convert 12V to 5V.

Last edited:
A USB port always has the same voltage to be able to be USB. I wouldn't need an adapter for a USB port because my car has USB ports. Will the camera run on a USB power source or does it need to be plugged into the 12v outlet?
U may also run USB to mini-usb cable. Its up to you which way you go.

The advantage of running from mirror or reading light loom is option to have 30-60sec powet-cut delay after ACC switched off.

If directly from usb port in your car, then there is an instant power cut, or worse case that usb port is always 12v, then you need switch on / off dashcam manually.

U may also run USB to mini-usb cable. Its up to you which way you go.

The advantage of running from mirror or reading light loom is option to have 30-60sec powet-cut delay after ACC switched off.

If directly from usb port in your car, then there is an instant power cut, or worse case that usb port is always 12v, then you need switch on / off dashcam manually.

I see. Thank you!

A 1.5 or two amp USB plug will work. I have a 1.5 amp in my truck and it runs my -C without a problem.

Reactions: DJM
Just a quick update on my purchase. I ordered the one from estore009 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/281348015029) for $58.00 on June 19th. They shipped it on June 20th and I received it on June 28. 9 day shipping from China!! I am impressed! I also see that the camera is now $6 cheaper ($52) than when I ordered mine but such is life. lol I still haven't received my mirror mount that I ordered on the same day from a different Chinese vendor. I also ordered a 10ft USB A to Mini B cord off of Amazon as that is how I plan on powering the unit in my car.

Well I have decided to put 1 of these in my truck also.
Thanks for the nice review niko.
Fox offer has 1 headed my way and I can't wait to get it in my hands.

Well I have decided to put 1 of these in my truck also.
Thanks for the nice review niko.
Fox offer has 1 headed my way and I can't wait to get it in my hands.
You are welcome.

Back