Connecting a Cellink Neo 9 with a Cellink B (v2)

I have a Cellink Pro (which came out at around the same time as the cellink-b)
was wondering if the cellink NEO extended pack is compatible with it ?

cellink pro: https://www.dashwitness.com/shop/cellink-pro/
Sorry to bump this, but i have a hard time getting the info.
The manufacturer (Egen) is not replying to me and several french sellers do not seem to have the answer.

I could just order one from amazon and try, but prefer to be sure before .

@BlackboxMyCar , you guys usually know EVERYTHING right ? :)

I have a Cellink Pro (which came out at around the same time as the cellink-b)
was wondering if the cellink NEO extended pack is compatible with it ?

cellink pro: https://www.dashwitness.com/shop/cellink-pro/
While the Cellink Pro and Neo 9 isn't sold here in the USA, I am almost certain that the Neo extension pack will work for it. This is based off of a few things. The extended batteries just contain a BMS and LiFePO4 cells configured 4 in series to get the 12.8 volts nominal and 14.6/14.8 volts fully charged and a one or more rows in parallel to get the desired capacity or safe current charge and input ratings (this don't matter to much on dashcams loads).

I built my own nearly 12 Amp hour extended battery for my Neo/Neo 6 battery using a BMS and 32700 LiFePO4 cells in a 4s2p configuration https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...1-7-w-h-extension-battery-for-under-50.38889/ I also made a different extension using an Amazon 20 Ah battery pack. This used prismatic LiFePO4 cells in a 4s1p config and contained it's own BMS. I literally just added an XT60 connector the the battery and all was well. Of course I disassembled it and tested it prior to putting it in my car. I've also assisted some via PM to get similar batteries to work. They have MUCH more capacity at a fraction of the price of the Neo extended batteries.

Thanks!
yes i'm sure it's much cheaper building one yourself.. but I'm far from handy... and also quite lazy ;-)

BTW; how would the app work in this case ? will it give me nifo about the cellink PRO as well or only the expansion pack ?

Sorry to bump this, but i have a hard time getting the info.
The manufacturer (Egen) is not replying to me and several french sellers do not seem to have the answer.

I could just order one from amazon and try, but prefer to be sure before .

@BlackboxMyCar , you guys usually know EVERYTHING right ? :)

We're told it would work :)

Thanks!
yes i'm sure it's much cheaper building one yourself.. but I'm far from handy... and also quite lazy ;-)

BTW; how would the app work in this case ? will it give me nifo about the cellink PRO as well or only the expansion pack ?
You would need to add the capacity of the battery pack you are adding to the existing capacity in the software.

I had to buy the extension cable for £8 from here. It is a simple cable with XT60 connectors on either end, so could be bought from elsewhere cheaper or make one up.
Hi mate, any chance you have the exact name for this cable please? I’m finding male and female connections. Thanks

Hi mate, any chance you have the exact name for this cable please? I’m finding male and female connections. Thanks
search on aliexpress for XT60 cable - they have them all: male/female, female/female, male/male...

Pretty sure it should be FEMALE/FEMALE

check this : aliexpress

choose under "color" : female/female and you wil lsee pictures of what it looks like

Since this topic is about batteries. Would a Power-Core Systems extended battery work with a PowerCell 8 battery pack? I just learned about this dashcam battery manufacture after I had ordered the PowerCell 8.

I did contact this manufacture, and they replied, "According to user reports, our extended power battery works with an EGEN Cellink NEO6/9/Pro/B, but we do not have any details about the PowerCell 8. If the PowerCell 8 works with EGEN's Cellink Extended NEO7, it should work with our battery pack, but we cannot guarantee that".

I was wondering if the forum community might have some knowledge, experience, or both regarding the subject?

This manufacturer's batteries are less in price then other dashcam dealers in the United States that I can find.

Since this topic is about batteries. Would a Power-Core Systems extended battery work with a PowerCell 8 battery pack? I just learned about this dashcam battery manufacture after I had ordered the PowerCell 8.

I did contact this manufacture, and they replied, "According to user reports, our extended power battery works with an EGEN Cellink NEO6/9/Pro/B, but we do not have any details about the PowerCell 8. If the PowerCell 8 works with EGEN's Cellink Extended NEO7, it should work with our battery pack, but we cannot guarantee that".
Hey there, I can confirm that the PowerCell 8 is fully compatible with EGEN's Cellink Extended NEO7, we sell them together all the time.

I really can't weigh in too much about compatibility with these third-party batteries, but I can say that the PowerCell 8 is manufactured by EGEN, and functionally very similar to the Cellink series, if that helps.

Back