Connection issues

Nicholsy23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I went to watch some footage that I had recorded while driving, but my phone was not connected. I had always had problems when connecting but now I can not get my phone to connect at all. I have tried deleting the apps reinstalling, deleted all connections with my phone, as well as restarting my phone: but still nothing.

The camera seems to be working but it is as if the wifi is not working, even though the camera is searching it will not detect my phone or vice versa. The camera is out of warranty now but I am just wondering if anyone has has this issue and found a fix.

I have tried everything so far even tried contacting through my laptop and still nothing. The camera is just over 2 years old and like I said I have always had issues getting it to connect to my phone but this time no joy at all. Nextbase support seems to be a waste of time also still waiting for a reply from them.

Hi Millie,

I have done all the above a number of times now, not sure how many time I have uninstall the app and reinstalled it. I have a Samsung S10+ it has been connected previously with no issues but sometimes it takes a lot to get it to connect.

My phone will pick up other nextbase cameras, so it seems to me there is a problem with the camera Itself. Everything seems to be fine other than the condition issues I have always had (the same as many other when you look)

Maybe the camera has reached the end of its life, if so I will definitely not be replacing it with another nextbase. Yes the image and video quality is brilliant but other than that it seems to be an over priced camera that does not really do what it is meant to do!

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that that hasn't resolved the issue for you.

I'd recommend updating to the latest app version 2023.1.0. This should be available to you in the next few days, if not already.
If the dashcam is within warranty, I'd recommend getting it exchanged with the retailer.

If it's outside of warranty or you need any further assistance after the app update, please give us a call directly on 02920 866 429 (UK).

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back