Consensus on basic settings? (bitrate, loop recording, wdr, exposure, g-sensor, etc)

I’m not aware of anyone needing boot delay for non diesel engines. I’m sure it’s technically possible for someone. You only need it if you have trouble with the camera turning on every time then you would enable some

I don’t see a good reason to use motion detection or time lapse during normal 2-wire cig power while driving.

Get the special A129 3-wire hard wire kit if you want to utilize parking mode settings.
I forgot to add that I already have the HK3 installed and up and running. But I'm confused with some parking modes.

If motion detection is turned off, will auto event detection work?

Which parking mode will the G-sensor work for? In normal mode, I know this is used to automaticalky lock the video.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

works from the G-Sensor, not related to motion detect
I thought auto event detection also detects motion and start recording a 1 minute clip? That's what's mentioned officially in viofo's parking mode guide v2 article.

motion detect detects motion, event detection detects an event (G-sensor triggered event)

I'm really confused. It says there automatically detects "moving objects" OR "impact".

This is also what's been observed by a lot of people in other threads. That's why when it's raining or the camera detects tree leaves moving while in parking mode, it records continuously.

ok that's specifically in relation to their parking mode function

motion detect will detect changes in lighting even when there's no movement

Right, that was actually my question, sorry for the confusion.

I guess if I was to reword my questions, it would be: would "auto event detection" parking mode work (motion detection and impact detection), even if the separate motion detection and g-sensor feature in the menu are turned off?

I'm not sure if the parking mode settings override the settings when driving, you could easily test that to see how it behaves though

I guess if I was to reword my questions, it would be: would "auto event detection" parking mode work (motion detection and impact detection), even if the separate motion detection and g-sensor feature in the menu are turned off?
I'm not sure if the parking mode settings override the settings when driving, you could easily test that to see how it behaves though
Auto event detection (motion and impact) works with the separate motion detection turned off. I've not checked with g-sensor turned off, but see no reason why that would affect the parking modes. I leave my g-sensor on Medium and don't get any false positive event files.

Auto event detection (motion and impact) works with the separate motion detection turned off. I've not checked with g-sensor turned off, but see no reason why that would affect the parking modes. I leave my g-sensor on Medium and don't get any false positive event files.
That's what I thought. What kind of impact events can trigger a medium sensitivity?

That's what I thought. What kind of impact events can trigger a medium sensitivity?

I've not tested crashing my car, yet.

The sensitivity of each camera may vary, as will the stiffness of your tyres, suspension etc. Best to try high, medium and low for a few trips and check the results.

I've not tested crashing my car, yet.

The sensitivity of each camera may vary, as will the stiffness of your tyres, suspension etc. Best to try high, medium and low for a few trips and check the results.
Lol, crashing your car is one good way to test.

I was more interested with things like rough roads or somewhere along those lines. Roads here in my country are the worst. But yeah, I guess I have to test on my own.

Back