Constantly rebooting. Also reboots when connected to wifi

dadelayer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today I noticed that my camera was frozen. I thought it was a bad SD card because this has happened before.
I formatted the SD card and also reset the camera and updated to the latest firmware just in case.

Plugged my camera back in and its still constantly rebooting right after powering up.
Then when it finally works, if I connect to the wifi on the camera, it instantly reboots again.

I'm testing this out by plugging it into both my power bank and hardwired car cables, both are doing the same.

Anyone ever had this issue before?

This is usually a sign that the voltage is drooping. This is usually caused by too much resistance in the wire, or the connectors. Test this with a different power supply (any USB supply that can supply 2A) and a very short USB cable. Easiest to remove it from the car for this test.

Is this the same camera rebooting you mentioned in another thread where various contributors, myself included, suggested ways of finding what was the problem?
You never came back and said what that outcome was...

Erratic dashcam behavior are often use of a alternative power source, and if its a dual system the rear camera or the wire to it is also a possibility ( try to disconnect rear camera where it plug into front camera and see how it do solo for a few drives )

Back