A129 dua pro 4k knepets restarting/ rebooting

busa2009

Reaction score
Country
United States
my dash cam keeps restarting i have it hard wired correctly......contacted viofo with email and no response

Is your car stop/start ?

Mine did that last week briefly, oddly enough.

If I removed the rear cam, it was ok.

I formatted the card on the PC, then again in camera, then plugged the rear cam back in and all is fine again...

Are you powering it through the GPS or direct to the camera? If through the GPS, try direct to the camera. If direct to the camera works fine, then you need to test the GPS. See picture.

Attachments

• A129GPS.jpg
    A129GPS.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 8
The reason I ask is that I've seen lots of posts with this issue and the problem was caused by the piggyback circuit being temporarily killed off by the starter motor. That in turn puts the dashcam into pseudo reboot as it loses power and starts to shutdown.

When you do have issues try and see if it is when the starter kicks back in.

my dash cam keeps restarting i have it hard wired correctly......contacted viofo with email and no response
Viofo are on their Chinese holiday till the 8th of October

The reason I ask is that I've seen lots of posts with this issue and the problem was caused by the piggyback circuit being temporarily killed off by the starter motor. That in turn puts the dashcam into pseudo reboot as it loses power and starts to shutdown.

When you do have issues try and see if it is when the starter kicks back in.
well hooked it to the cigarette lighter and no power at all sent viofo the video of it doing it...also, this has made me weery of the product unfortunately it give me a sense of security

now the damn usb port has come lose from plugging in and out... i bought this from Viofo.com in the united states and they are wanting me to send it to china wtf?here is the email i don't think i will be buying anything else from them:

Please read the below instructions carefully before sending it.

1.Please pack only the main camera body (without any other accessories or SD card ) and pack it as small as possible to save space.

2.Please send it to the following address:
Receiver: Bill Zhou RMA#202110111103
Address: Room 601, Building 2th, 1970 Keji Xiaozhen, Minzhi, Longhua District, Shenzhen Country: China
Postcode: 518131
Tel: 13302961506 / 0755-85268909
Chinese Address: 深圳市龙华区民治1970科技小镇2栋601
(Please include the Chinese address while you print the address label.)

3. Use Post service(registered) to send back, don't use UPS, FedEx, DHL because China Customs will charge very high import tax for these business carriers. About the paperwork in the post office, please write item name: "Defective ____ need repair", declare value USD20 in total to avoid tax.

4. please provide us a picture of the return receipt and return tracking number later,
once we receive the return tracking number, we will send you the replacement, so you could get the package as soon as possible.

Finally please send us your shipping address including full name and telephone number.

What a huge farce to go through, they make it so tough to send back to put people off from sending it back and expect you just to buy another eh? , what are you going to do? Are you going to send it back?

now the damn usb port has come lose from plugging in and out... i bought this from Viofo.com in the united states and they are wanting me to send it to china wtf?here is the email i don't think i will be buying anything else from them:

Please read the below instructions carefully before sending it.

1.Please pack only the main camera body (without any other accessories or SD card ) and pack it as small as possible to save space.

2.Please send it to the following address:
Receiver: Bill Zhou RMA#202110111103
Address: Room 601, Building 2th, 1970 Keji Xiaozhen, Minzhi, Longhua District, Shenzhen Country: China
Postcode: 518131
Tel: 13302961506 / 0755-85268909
Chinese Address: 深圳市龙华区民治1970科技小镇2栋601
(Please include the Chinese address while you print the address label.)

3. Use Post service(registered) to send back, don't use UPS, FedEx, DHL because China Customs will charge very high import tax for these business carriers. About the paperwork in the post office, please write item name: "Defective ____ need repair", declare value USD20 in total to avoid tax.

4. please provide us a picture of the return receipt and return tracking number later,
once we receive the return tracking number, we will send you the replacement, so you could get the package as soon as possible.

Finally please send us your shipping address including full name and telephone number.
This is pretty much the exact process all sellers have to follow when they need to send back defective units for replacements.

What a huge farce to go through, they make it so tough to send back to put people off from sending it back and expect you just to buy another eh? , what are you going to do? Are you going to send it back?

Cost $37 to send it back. What’s messed up they have stock in the US and China and looking at there site it’s based also in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much the exact process all sellers have to follow when they need to send back defective units for replacements.

Regardless if this is the norm when you are selling in the US and China and also on your site you can pick US OR CHINA STOCK WHAT USE IS IT TO SEND BACK TO CHINA WHEN YOU CAN SEND IT BACK TO YOUR U.S BASE.

I’ll never buy from them again thinking of going with the blackvue dr900 plus or thinkware u1000. What good is a warranty when your cam has been out over 3 weeks due to the long process. Over 15 emails to get to this

Regardless if this is the norm when you are selling in the US and China and also on your site you can pick US OR CHINA STOCK WHAT USE IS IT TO SEND BACK TO CHINA WHEN YOU CAN SEND IT BACK TO YOUR U.S BASE.

I don't think they actually have any kind of office here in the US. I think US stock simply means they have products housed in a warehouse in the US, which may just be Amazon or another shipping service. Returns are usually not accepted at those facilities, so they would need to go back to the manufacturer. This would likely be true for any other manufacturer outside the US, including BlackVue. Unless of course you purchase from a US seller, who will/should handle the warranty.

I don't think they actually have any kind of office here in the US. I think US stock simply means they have products housed in a warehouse in the US, which may just be Amazon or another shipping service. Returns are usually not accepted at those facilities, so they would need to go back to the manufacturer. This would likely be true for any other manufacturer outside the US, including BlackVue. Unless of course you purchase from a US seller, who will/should handle the warranty.

SMH. Yea purchased straight from their site

Here’s the email. So possibly it will take 2months to get replacement. I suggest you all keep this in mind when purchasing

Hello,

The replacement package will be shipped out with tracking number asap and the package will be trackable within 2-3 days.

Tracking website:http://track.4px.com

Usually take 10-20 business days for shipping from China to your country.

Hope the package arrives soon, any further help please contact us timely, thanks.

Takes 3 weeks for me to get things from USA to UK...

If you purchased it from Amazon could you not have rung them, I’m sure they would have helped?

Back