Constantly recording in parking mode

STNGRGT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've recently hardwired am A139 pro duel camera and everything seems to be working as it should although when in parking mode with the ignition off the camera keeps recording as if the motion detection is constantly triggering until it automatically switches off a few hours later. It's on the lowest setting for motion with event detection set to high. Is there a way to turn off motion detection all together? Due to the amount of files it records while parked I'm finding its overwriting most of the files from when I'm actually driving by the time I get to look at them.

Although the picture quality is far better than my previous cam it feels like the Viofo is a big step down from even my nearly 8 year old Thinkware F750 in terms of recording and storage options. Hoping firmware and app updates might offer a lot more functionality in future otherwise I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by the overall experience.

Hi all, I've recently hardwired am A139 pro duel camera and everything seems to be working as it should although when in parking mode with the ignition off the camera keeps recording as if the motion detection is constantly triggering until it automatically switches off a few hours later. It's on the lowest setting for motion with event detection set to high. Is there a way to turn off motion detection all together? Due to the amount of files it records while parked I'm finding its overwriting most of the files from when I'm actually driving by the time I get to look at them.

Although the picture quality is far better than my previous cam it feels like the Viofo is a big step down from even my nearly 8 year old Thinkware F750 in terms of recording and storage options. Hoping firmware and app updates might offer a lot more functionality in future otherwise I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by the overall experience.
If you have hardwired it with an HK3-C kit, the camera can enter parking mode if you have turned that function on. Then it will keep recording due to your settings. You can set the Parking Motion Detection to low if you do not want so many videos. If you do not want it to record in parking time, you can just turn off the parking mode in settings. Then it will be turned off when your car is parked.

One thing that I've found is that even setting the Parking Motion Detection to low, there are way too many videos. That does not seem to change whether it is low or high.

One thing that I've found is that even setting the Parking Motion Detection to low, there are way too many videos. That does not seem to change whether it is low or high.
You can update this special firmware to "lower" the sensitivity: https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj

You can update this special firmware to "lower" the sensitivity: https://we.tl/t-7Ifa8hfOhj
Thank you, yes it's the amount of triggers that's the problem so I'll give this a try and see if it fixes the issue I'm having.

Just a note as a feature request, it would be helpful if there was an option to reserve a certain % of the memory card for parking and a % for driving videos, for example 40/60. That way parking videos would overwrite parking and driving overwrite driving even if there were older videos on the other folder.

If you have motion detect in the MIX for parking guard, you often get a lot of files recorded.
So i prefer to just use low bitrate that for sure record all the time, but low bitrate so the files take up less room, and i also just use parking guard for 3 hours on the timer

The 70mai omni i am testing ATM, it too have motion, but its smart, so i have used it now for well over a week ( 24/7 as there are no timer ) and it have not created very many recordings, so far probably 2-3 GB worth.
The thing is it will only record motion parking guard, if a person have been standing still in front of the car / in view for 15 seconds.
I assume it will also record on actual events ( G-sensor )
I have not yet figured out if it have a buffer or what.

Its another way of doing it, even if i am not sure it is better

An alternative is to use time-lapse mode for parking (3fps or better). The files produced are small, each file stores 18 min in a 3 min file (at 5fps) which after analysis captures all surroundings and license plates of passing cars. You only lose audio which isn't a big deal for me.

Back