Viofo A139 Pro recording issues

Dashy_User

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just looking for some advice (I'm not super tech minded, so please try to keep it relatively simple)
Recently installed a Viofo A139 Pro (front & rear cams - hardwired). It's intermittently not recording.
Specifically I've noticed missing driving videos.
It's a fresh install but I've tried resetting, reformatting the SD card, I've even replaced the SD card with one recommended on the VIOFO website (SanDisk 128GB Max Endurance).

Immediately after setting up the new card I checked the dash cam was recording before driving home. It then successfully recorded my drive home, my overnight parking and my drive to work. It recorded my work parking for half the day up to midday and doesn't seem to have recorded beyond that (including my drive home). If it was just that the parking recording had drained the battery and cut out I would understand (there were a lot of parking videos stored), but IMO it should have been fine to record the drive home since it was powered back up (it even sounded it's "two channel recording started", but no file).

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on a fix?
I've just changed the parking mode to low bitrate and parking sensitivity to low, hoping that will reduce the chances of draining the battery in the first place.
If this doesn't work I'll probably give unplugging it before each drive a crack, to double check it's related to booting.

Dashy

I installed mine yesterday and found it locks a file in 3 minute file size but not in 10 minute size. Do you have the same issue ?

Dashy

I installed mine yesterday and found it locks a file in 3 minute file size but not in 10 minute size. Do you have the same issue ?
Please check if you have chosen 10 minutes in Loop Recording. If the setting is 3 minutes, then every clip will be recorded in three minutes.

Dashy

Nah, when i records it works well.

If anyine is having my issue. Chamging those settings seems to have done the job. Haven't had issues since (touch wood).
It must struggle to boot on power if its drained the battery and shut down in pakring mode.

Back