CONTINUOUS CHARGE

Edward Heaney

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a 9 foot usb cord from the mobius site. Would it hurt the unit by having it continually connected to power? I read somewhere that when the car is shut off, that the unit would shut off too.

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
I have my mobius c2 (owner for approx 15 months) permanently on charge/record in my vehicle and have had no issues. Just recently the sd card was difficult to insert/take out but after investigation it was due to a swollen battery (was still operating ok) but replaced for a new battery now (£4.50ish) from uk sourced site so cheap fix! So as above no is the answer to your question

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
I've has the same thing happen where a swollen Mobius battery made it difficult to remove the memory card. A new battery and everything was back to normal. That was with a Mobius I like to carry around in my pocket.

In a vehicle, with the camera running continuously I would advocate for installing the super-capacitor option. A few members here run a Mobius full time and have been doing so without issue for long periods of time.

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
How long does the charge time last on a journey when not plugged into a usb charging source, as I don’t to rely on short battery life and risk becoming short of something that I may miss! Super capacitor I’m assuming it will hold its charge for hours/days before going flat?

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
How long does the charge time last on a journey when not plugged into a usb charging source, as I don’t to rely on short battery life and risk becoming short of something that I may miss! Super capacitor I’m assuming it will hold its charge for hours/days before going flat?
The capacitor can hold the date and time for about a week. Some report less and some report as much as ten days.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
Redacted- my bad!

Phil

Last edited:

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just to be sure everyone understands as the OP is new here: Ssupercaps will not power the cam for recording, they are only for ensuring proper shut-down and for saving the date/time when not in use. If you need to record without USB power then you need the battery version ;)

Phil
also worth confirming which camera he has, posted in the Mobius Mini section, no capacitor option for those

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
Yikes! You're right Jokin, I missed that. Editing now!

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Mobius Mini 0