CPL working or not?

I will check tomorrow while coming back from work and post the footage for review
 
It’s not a calibration mark.
You’ll Need to manually calibrate it if you moved it.
You can ship it to our Nevada office if you need help.
 
I will try to verify/set the alignment with a small display connected to camera AV output.
 
Yes, I rotated and the factory mark came at the corner of the housing exactly at 45deg
Not sure I understand the current situation, but I wouldn't test it with an AMOLED screen, they don't actually need a polariser at all, but may have one. A TV screen is much safer, they almost always turn dark at 90 degrees.

Another thing to check if it is still not working is that the filter is the right way around, could have been fitted backwards.
 
I had just verified with an external display and I found a very small deviation from the factory fitting.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10a87.webpUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_10a88.webp
 
Whilst the Viofo CPL is preset to save time it is nice to have one that rotates so you can adjust it yourself.
 
I think that Viofo CPL is ok, you can rotate it, and the setting must be done/verify only one time when you buy the camera.
 
I wasn't aware it's adjustable.
 
Not sure I understand the current situation, but I wouldn't test it with an AMOLED screen, they don't actually need a polariser at all, but may have one. A TV screen is much safer, they almost always turn dark at 90 degrees.

Another thing to check if it is still not working is that the filter is the right way around, could have been fitted backwards.
how can I know if its backwards?
 
I will do one thing I will return the entire camera to amazon and order one more 😀
 
I will do one thing I will return the entire camera to amazon and order one more 😀

That’s not very nice to us as a seller. We are happy to help replace your CPL if need be. Amazon hits us with 11% per sale even after returns.
 
That’s not very nice to us as a seller. We are happy to help replace your CPL if need be. Amazon hits us with 11% per sale even after returns.

Can you check if my lens is aligned in this Video. Also if I align this how should I place it on the camera lens. Should the reference mark is placed towards the LCD or toward the mount?
Aligned video
 
How’s it look when you turn it 90 degrees?

d71528e5a4a4bf97a7271e36d189dffd.jpg


The CPL effect won’t be as strong if it’s backwards.

The red mark has nothing to do with calibration at all so won’t help confirm anything.

The newer CPL turns dark blue and you can partially see through it. (Not fully black like example above)
 
Back
Top