crazy overtaking

dashy

Reaction score
Country
Australia

GWH in Medlow Bath eastbound. 10.7.2014.
I notice the car behind (AGL 19L)starts to illegally overtake me for some stupid reason (he can't see what is coming while behind me) and notice oncoming traffic so I put high beam on momentarily at 39sec to get the oncoming vehicle's attention, he slowed right down, if he was 15m further closer to us and had I not put my high beam on....

I was really hoping the oncoming car was a cop car but ....:(

After overtaking me this car wasn't going too fast and I stopped right behind it at a traffic light and recorded its number plates.

The previous day(about 24hrs prior to this footage) in this area a pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and I was delayed 7min on my trip due to emergency vehicles etc.

Here is another illegal overtaking happened about 2or 3 weeks ago, I was driving 40 odd meters behind traffic which were going 90 in a 100 zone which led to this driver tailgating and illegally overtaking.

First video 0 min 57 sec there is a triple-line. Is it common in Australia and what is difference between dual and triple road marking line ?
Never saw triple-line markings here.

Not common at all, dual line is the common here too. The difference still the same...no overtaking, u turn etc
Possibly in this section the road is too wide etc.

Westbound trucks would be coming up this hill into a left hander and your usual fast truck/car would appear out of nowhere for the Eastbound traffic, possibly prior accidents etc.
Other truckers that use this route daily would probably know better than me.

Trible lines should mean " overtake here and you will be thrown to the salties" :D

Nice bit of defensive driving dashy :)

Second driver with the trailer really got far.

I once had an incident very similar to this happen with my old car several years back. To set the scene, it was dark and late at night. Suddenly I had two people overtake me with a 15-20 second interval between them, crossing the double yellow line from behind me. The second one ended up being a cop stopping the first guy up the road a bit, presumably for overtaking me.

Nevertheless, even when there's a yellow dashed line indicating you can overtake slower traffic, I'm still a little hesitant even under the best of circumstances.

Back