Crazy Rain

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
We've had one of the wettest summers in Vermont that I can recall in many years. On July 10-11th we experienced catastrophic flash flooding and river flooding across the ENTIRE state! As much as 9 inches of rain fell in less than 48 hours. In parts of the state it was the worst flooding in about 100 years, even worse than Tropical Storm Irene in 2011 which also devastated the whole state. This time around people lost their homes, their businesses, their crops, their livestock, their farmland soils, the cars, etc., and at least two people lost their lives. Some places will take years to recover. FEMA is still working here helping with recovery efforts and helping to find housing for people.

And the heavy rains just keep coming! It rained heavily all day today too.

Here is some footage from Friday, September 8th. I decided to make a short trip into town after the rains finally stopped but on the drive into town the sky opened up!

The first part of the video looks out of focus but there was dense fog and it was raining so hard it just looks that way. I could barely see where I was driving.

During the storm on July 10-11 our State Capital in Montpelier VT was one of the places that got hit the worst. Most of the city was badly flooded. There were scenes like this all over the state.

Luckily for me, I live on a mountain so no flooding for me even though the things got pretty wet and the dirt road I live on took a hit.

Here's what the City of Montpelier looked like after the storm in July.

montpelier.jpg

Last edited:
We've had one of the wettest summers in Vermont that I can recall in many years. On July 10-11th we experienced catastrophic flash flooding and river flooding across the ENTIRE state! As much as 9 inches of rain fell in less than 48 hours. In parts of the state it was the worst flooding in about 100 years, even worse than Tropical Storm Irene in 2011 which also devastated the whole state. This time around people lost their homes, their businesses, their crops, their livestock, their farmland soils, the cars, etc., and at least two people lost their lives. Some places will take years to recover. FEMA is still working here helping with recovery efforts and helping to find housing for people.

And the heavy rains just keep coming! It rained heavily all day today too.

Here is some footage from Friday, September 8th. I decided to make a short trip into town after the rains finally stopped but on the drive into town the sky opened up!

The first part of the video looks out of focus but there was dense fog and it was raining so hard it just looks that way. I could barely see where I was driving.

During the storm on July 10-11 our State Capital in Montpelier VT was one of the places that got hit the worst. Most of the city was badly flooded. There were scenes like this all over the state.

Luckily for me, I live on a mountain so no flooding for me even though the things got pretty wet and the dirt road I live on took a hit.

Here's what the City of Montpelier looked like after the storm in July.

View attachment 67425
Jeepers stay safe out there mate! That's intense :(

Maybe time to install some more hydro electric and help stop climate change!

Last edited:
Sell the spare into the grid and help stop climate change then, the ISO-New England grid appears to have got 52% of its electricity from gas in the last 12 months, quite dirty gas too, not sure why your gas produces more CO2 than others?

This thread was simply a video about a heavy rainstorm I drove though that never once mentions climate change.

I responded to your comment about hydro power to explain that my state has a very positive and forward thinking renewable energy mix. As usual your goal here isn't to have any kind of interesting, positive or worthwhile discussion but instead to troll, antagonize and inflame. You always seem to be looking for conflict. You did the same thing in another thread only days ago.

I am really not interested in listening to yet another one of your provocative, sanctimonious climate change lectures, Nigel. Enough with this!!!

Your last two threads on this subject got shut down because of your divisive and self righteous attitude in those threads. You spend a lot of your time on this forum criticizing and bashing other nations, despite it being against the rules. Why don't you go away and focus on the many serious problems facing your own country?

Back