Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

I have made several attemps to donate for the custom firmware but keep getting an error which says I have exceeded the amount of transactions allowed on this card, Ive tried a few cards but get the same message.

HELP?

I am still getting this error after several days and using different cards, I dont have a paypal account.

Thank you to the Russian friends for this custom firmware. I did not have any issues with RU website and donating for project support access was instant for me.

I'm on 1.5 and still learning things. I would like to know what brand microSD 64 gb should I buy ( and when i buy it what the procedure for proper use like format type, use PC or Blackvue hardware)
and what is the best optimal bit rates for front and rear cams for normal recording mode using recommended brand micro SD

@alexsoll

Hi, having an issue with custom 1.5
When I start my dashcam it says "Blackvue for your safe driving". But doesn't say "Starting normal recording". Or when I turn the Wifi on, it says nothing. Ive checked the voice checkboxes which are ticked but it wont say anything.

I can downgrade to version 1.4 which works with voice but no SSID when trying to connect via wifi. If I try to redo the 1.5 custom it says "Invalid system configuration"

What do I need to do to get it working?

I've just received a new camera with stock firmware version of 2.006. I'm not quite sure what has changed, but it might be Korean only (converted to english).

I wonder what the difference is on this version. I'm not sure I can load 1.5 anymore, as it's based on 2.002. I've attempted to load 2.002 US on this camera and it says "incorrect version" upon upgrading.

Im on custom 1.5 my stock FW would record events in red if i go over the bump or something. This seams not to record any events is there a setting for that ??

In parking mode, motion sensitivity appears to be extremely sensitive. Just a small shadow or change in light triggers recording, and I'm getting dozens of recordings overnight, surely leading to increased battery use and excessive writes to the media card.

I have the sensitivity set almost to zero. Any tips? Thanks.

How long does it normally take to get approval for joining that forum? Want to get ready since I ordered my 550 2 ch today and should be here next week

I see that there is a new custom fw 1.6. If I upgrade to that, am I able to go back to stock?

I was going to go for 1.4 fw but thinking 1.6 might be a better option, just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

@alexsoll

Hi,

Do you have any plan for custom firmware version 1.7?
My BlackVue is produced in 2016 so rear camera is not working with custom firmware 1.6.

Thanks

Hi Dong

Have you checked the coax pin connecting to the front camera? This a common fault for the rear cam not working.

JohnM,

My rear camera is working fine with the latest Korean version firmware. But if I load custom firmware version 1.6 it doesn't work. 2.02 English version also doesn't work. But if I go back to Korean version (2.14) it works. Alexsoll mentioned on his forum that camera produced after April 2015 will have rear camera issues.

Released custom firmware for BlackVue DR550GW-2CH
05.02.2015 - Released custom firmware 1.5
http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=30.0

8w7.png

aePUf.png

http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=584.0
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/custom-firmware-blackvue-dr550gw-2ch.4749/page-3#post-58193
hey Alexso, is this still available for donation?

@alexsol Hi mate. I have just purchased 2 dr5500GW-2ch for myself and a friend. which level would I need to donate, and will it change the Korean to English? (they are still on the way, just being proactive.)

Back