Cyclist carefully considering road safety before overtaking me.

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
You can see he thought about it, but then overtook anyway forcing the oncoming vehicle to brake.

The fact that the oncoming vehicle was a bit larger than himself, probably wasn't capable of braking very fast and obviously needed more than the one available lane to get around the sharp corner didn't seem to affect his decision...

well he was going for those all important mountain bonus points judging by his dotted jersey :D

well he was going for those all important mountain bonus points judging by his dotted jersey :D
It wasn't really a mountain, from the GPS log we had only risen 42 meters from the bottom over a distance of 352 meters and I had only used 1st gear for 1 corner. Although if I had been cycling then I would have been glad of an excuse for a rest, and then I would have let all the traffic go before continuing! I never caught up with him, must have gone quite fast at the top.

That or he got run off the road by people who won't put up with his crap, so he's down at the bottom of the hill, dead in some bushes.
Watching the video again, I see that he probably got quite a good aerodynamic tow from tailgating the car he got behind - seems to be following at about 1 meter distance.

Cyclists always ask themselves two critical questions:
1) Is there any possibility I can fit through that gap?
2) Why ask anything else?

Makes me angry. So angry. I'm a broken record, I know.

cyclist lacks of dimensions / weight analysis.
I was a bit out on my guess too, apparently it weighs 11 tonnes and has a 12.8-litre straight six engine giving a top speed of 40 km/h, while his bike weighs 0.0 tonnes and has no engine.

(...) his bike weighs 0.0 tonnes and has no engine.
It may have no engine, therefore no horsepower, but was nevertheless being powered by a member of the asinine family.

Back