Cyclist compilation from Korea

kirrik

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So this is one of the videos that convinced my family that we should get dash cams.

No wonder the fjew good cyclist have to take a lot of flak :rolleyes: and i am fully aware that while driving the several 1000 KM i have been driving as a kid / teen i was allso a lousy cyclist.

Thats why i wonder why things havent become better in +20 years, but then again i must allso respect the human need to be stupid.

Now I see another good reason that dash cams are so prevalent in Korea, to protect yourself from all the cyclists and their stupidity.

... i am fully aware that while driving the several 1000 KM i have been driving as a kid / teen i was allso a lousy cyclist. Thats why i wonder why things havent become better in +20 years, but then again i must allso respect the human need to be stupid.

Couldn't agree more! Bikes, especially in combination with kids, seem to form some sort of critical mass. I recall ending up in hospital to be stitched up more than once thanks to my reckless biking and stupid ill-considered stunts together with my friends. Coming home with my bike in pieces and having blood all over probably scared the crap of my parents. :eek: Then somewhere along the road to adulthood I finally realized I wasn't made of armoured steel, nor was I immortal. Nowadays when I see adults bike like this I'm simply amazed but I also go a bit worried about the survival of humanity. But as kamkar1 so wisely pointed out, we must respect the human need to be stupid. :D

Now I see another good reason that dash cams are so prevalent in Korea, to protect yourself from all the cyclists and their stupidity.

Maybe not that much physical protection, but at least you can enjoy and laugh at them later! It's like a good hit in the groins. Not fun having one, definitely more fun watching it!! ;)

Part of me thinks these kids are so focused on school and education, they are oblivious to the hazards around them. Or maybe they just want to get hit and end their suffering.

Korean kids are forced into education pretty hard. They go to school 6 days a week and for much longer hours. I had a friend teach English over there and the class ended at 10pm for the kids. This was an afterschool program.

Back