DAB interference, ferrite fitted to positive in fuse box?

DashCam11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m getting some DAB interference, the rear camera (Nextbase) does have wires (unavoidably) near what I presume are the DAB aerial/boxes under the rear tailgate cover.

I’ve fitted the included ferrite core around the positive lead that is in my fuse box - is that correct?

Should I also not have one around the rear camera cable near the DAB aerial/box to help?

Being near the boxes at the rear isn't much of a problem, but you do want to separate the cables on their way to the rear as much as possible, do not run them side by side.

Ferrite cores normally go near the destination end of the cables. Your core at the fuse box may be doing some good, but if is there to solve the DAB interference then I would start by putting one on the rear end of the rear camera cable.

Being near the boxes at the rear isn't much of a problem, but you do want to separate the cables on their way to the rear as much as possible, do not run them side by side.
Yeh I have, they are not together, but are close, I’ve had to poke the camera cable inside the tailgate metal, the DAB boxes are attached on outside as such.

Ferrite cores normally go near the destination end of the cables. Your core at the fuse box may be doing some good, but if is there to solve the DAB interference then I would start by putting one on the rear end of the rear camera cable.
That’s what I thought but the documentation said to put it on positive, which is in fuse box.

Maybe I should move it to end to see? It will only be clipped over the outside and not like the positive individual core though, if that makes a difference?

If I need at both ends I’ll have to look on Amazon for another, are they all the same? as Nextbase don’t sell separate just in the boxes.

Yes, try it near the end, not right at the end. No need to separate the cores, I doubt that makes any difference, especially for a video cable where it is probably the video signal causing the issue.

Ferrite cores are generally sold on cable diameter, choose one that is designed to clip onto your cable diameter, although it doesn't need to be exact. I don't know about Nextbase ones, but they are just a lump of metal, nothing special about most of them.

Back