Dangerous, unnecessary & illegal overtake

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
I honestly believe some people do not deserve a license. If I was judge and jury I'd take them off the road for safety of others.

Have a look at this moron.

• Firstly he stops beyond both solid lines at the red light.
  • I reckon he then accelerates to at least 40mph in a 30 zone to close the gap on me.
  • He overtake me on or just before the Zebra crossing, on the zig zags. A move which can result in a 1000 quid fine, 3 points I believe.
  • Having overtaken me and the vehicle in front, he then hits the brakes wanting to turn right. The second car he overtook has to slow down as it comes up behind the BMW.
  • As he turns right, he cuts the corner and overtakes at speed in a built up residential area.
(Excuse the shaky vid. I'm still getting to grips with VSDC Free Video Editor)

Last edited:
If I was judge and jury I'd take them off the road for safety of others.
I think the police may agree with you in this case, clearly unacceptable...

Email it to the local police - he was driving that like it was stolen!

I did that nonsense when I was young and naive. Now when others do the same, I tell my boy's those passing zones are for overtake of farm tractors, not motorists.

If you're going to forward to Police, do it quickly they have to contact driver within 14 days if they wish to prosecute (which I believe is appropriate in a card such as this)

It's always a BMW too
But not always. Around here we see Audis and BMWs pulling crazy aggressive moves, Ferraris driven by teenagers going way too fast, and brand new Mercedes driven cluelessly by new immigrants. There's the usual craziness, too, but I can't generalize it to a particular vehicle manufacturer.

Back