Dash Cam 55 buffered parking mode

It is a shame.
If it's raining for example you do get a lot of saved video.
As these are 'incidents', I can understand why these aren't overwritten too and need manually deleting.

It is a shame.
If it's raining for example you do get a lot of saved video.
As these are 'incidents', I can understand why these aren't overwritten too and need manually deleting.
Yes, it would be great if the parking videos were included in the normal rotation.

It would be great of you can select one or more detection types in parking mode:
- Motion events
- G events
- Audio events

After two months use via the cigarette lighter I had my dash cam 55 hardwired yesterday. Just checked now & I've got 18 gig of saved parking mode files :eek: .

Having read stag74's comment above, about getting saved files when it rains, well I think that's what the majority of said saved files are. Living in England's north west I can confirm it rains a lot :ROFLMAO:. Also when parked in my drive there are regular passing vehicles & pedestrians. Given these files aren't overwritten I think, for me, it almost renders parking mode a waste of time. I'll try & work out how to turn it off & maybe just re-activate when parked somewhere dodgy.

Cheers

Dash :cool:

I usually just shut it off manually when I don't want the parking mode to kick in. It's just a push of a button - so no big deal.

So just press & hold the power button - cheers lacibaci - I'll do that (y)

I am confused about how to set this cable up..

any videos i find online show only 2 cables from the parking cables. 1 ground and 1 they run through the fuse tap to an hot fuse.

why does the Garmin have 3 cables. Would i run one straight off the battery and then the ACC one through a hot fuse with the fuse tap??

I am confused about how to set this cable up..

any videos i find online show only 2 cables from the parking cables. 1 ground and 1 they run through the fuse tap to an hot fuse.

why does the Garmin have 3 cables. Would i run one straight off the battery and then the ACC one through a hot fuse with the fuse tap??
Diagram from Garmin should be pretty clear:
One wire is connected directly (or through fuse) to the battery, second wire to accessory (voltage only when key is in accessory/engine on position), third wire is ground.

Hi,

I recently bought the dashcam 55, but I haven't got the parking mode cable yet ( apparently it's rare to find it in Romania ). I can't find any "Parking mode" options in the menu and I was wondering if they'll just appear only when the parking mode cable is installed or it's just my camera that has a problem? Also I was thinking if other cables would work - I was looking at the smart box cable one from Mio. Also does the parking cable have any battery discharge protection?

Cheers

Hi,

I recently bought the dashcam 55, but I haven't got the parking mode cable yet ( apparently it's rare to find it in Romania ). I can't find any "Parking mode" options in the menu and I was wondering if they'll just appear only when the parking mode cable is installed or it's just my camera that has a problem? Also I was thinking if other cables would work - I was looking at the smart box cable one from Mio. Also does the parking cable have any battery discharge protection?

Cheers

1. Yes
2. Don't know (Most likely No.)
3. Yes (see my post in this forum)

I had to disable parked recording because it prevented recording an incident. I have Dash Cam 55s installed both front and rear in my vehicle. The rear camera was completely full of parked videos and not saving any driving video. A speeding driver weaving through traffic clipped the rear corner of my vehicle at 60 mph and almost caused a crash. When we reviewed the Dash Cam video there were only parked videos of people walking past the rear of my vehicle. The parked recording feature needs to recycle along with all the other video. It's a potentially useful feature if implemented robustly but if it has to be babysat to prevent crippling live recording then it's a detrimental feature.

Last edited:
You should definitely mention that to Garmin support. Maybe if more people complain they'll change the firmware.

When camera is in parking (stand by) mode, the LED is blinking. Also when you turn off your engine there is a message that tells you that camera is going into the parking mode.
To set the battery discharge voltage, you will have to open the parking mode accessory module. Look at the pics I posted in another thread.

Can you share the picture of how to set the discharge voltage? I'm having hard time finding the picture you've posted. Garmin customer support was saying there's no way to adjust the voltage, which I doubted.

Can you share the picture of how to set the discharge voltage? I'm having hard time finding the picture you've posted. Garmin customer support was saying there's no way to adjust the voltage, which I doubted.

You don't need a picture, just remove the lid of the small black box on the end of the parking mode power cable and you will clearly see the circuit board with clearly labelled voltages and a pin jumper you simply pull off and slip over the pins with the voltage you decide to select. From memory the default is 11.7v, with the option of 12.0 and 12.3, I changed mine to 12.3v.

You don't need a picture, just remove the lid of the small black box on the end of the parking mode power cable and you will clearly see the circuit board with clearly labelled voltages and a pin jumper you simply pull off and slip over the pins with the voltage you decide to select. From memory the default is 11.7v, with the option of 12.0 and 12.3, I changed mine to 12.3v.

Thank you for the information! I wanted to know what I would be doing after open up all dashboard to get to the box.

Your camera will not work on parking mode if your battery voltage is too low. Make sure your battery is fully charged before testing. I thought mine didn't work but my voltage was down because I had the ignition of for a while when I was installing it and it wouldn't work when I tried testing the parking mode. Letting the car run for 2 minutes solved my problem.

set for how long the parking mode is on. The settings are: 2 (default), 4, 6 ,8, 10, 12, 24 hours and "always"

Where do you set for how long the parking mode is on. The settings are: 2 (default), 4, 6 ,8, 10, 12, 24 hours and "always"? I tried to do it on my Garmin 55 and don't see any settings for it. Thank you.

Where do you set for how long the parking mode is on. The settings are: 2 (default), 4, 6 ,8, 10, 12, 24 hours and "always"? I tried to do it on my Garmin 55 and don't see any settings for it. Thank you.
It is in the settings (only when parking mode cable is detected.)

Back