Dash Cam Comparison Update

What is this in reference to and why?

Because for much more specific questions, i need to post in specific threads. Really, my 'choosing first dash cam' thread has seemed to have run it's course, I have to go into much deeper, cam-specific threads in order to get the specific information i seek in regards to each cam. Sometimes there's a bit of crossover as conversations occur where I'm replying to someone in a certain thread, but that's a direct conversation, it didn't start with a 'hey what's a good first dash cam'.

Yes, I understand you, but thats where confusing comes. In one thread "we" talking about Givoe, then in other thread with same questions you saying "what is givoe" , etc. - This makes confusing to understand where and what you said. This makes a mess, confusion and miscommunication.

Niko, I really appreciate your help. But you still haven't explained what givoe is. You keep saying that one cam is a givoe, but you have yet to explain what in the world a givoe is. In any thread.

AVI is only used on all the low end Chinese cameras in the market, it's a give away that what's inside is low quality, less flexible format when it comes to file handling than MOV or MP4

So what cams use AVI? Does the G1W/G2W, VF300/GT300 rip-offs, or GT300s/clones use AVI?

most I've seen use MOV, best to check with the seller before purchase, there's a lower end Novatek chipset that uses AVI that is often used in low end cameras and the results it offers are very poor

most I've seen use MOV, best to check with the seller before purchase, there's a lower end Novatek chipset that uses AVI that is often used in low end cameras and the results it offers are very poor

Hi Jokiin,

It says "Manufacturer" under your name. Which manufacture are you with?

Thanks! :)

Which one are you referring to? The gt300w and g1w I see on foxoffer say it's mov.

At what price point? Should I hold off on buying my first dash cam (~$100 budget)?

At what price point? Should I hold off on buying my first dash cam (~$100 budget)?

I do have some product that could be sold around that price but that would be up to resellers to determine what price they sell at, most of what we have though is more expensive, if you're looking for something right now you're better off buying right now, having a dashcam is better than not

Thanks for the honest answer! I can always sell what I get at a moment's notice or gift it, use it as rear, etc, and buy a more premo model if I decide it's worth it. Maybe I'll buy a gt300w and when your's comes out in 2 weeks, I'll flip it and buy yours.

Would take more than two weeks before you could have something in hand so by all means don't wait, better to get something now, the GT300W and similar represent good bang for buck right now

I will be posting soon side by side videos with raw files of vf300w vs ls300w, so you will be able to see difference which might help you to make up your mind in making a choice.

I'll be posting some details soon, there's a trade show in Hong Kong next week and we'll be showing some new product there

I'm looking forward to details! I'm not confident the Mini 0801 firmware bugs will be worked out any time soon. (so I'm ready to jump ship any time) I was hoping it would hold me over until a better WiFi or dual camera comes out. Did you or anyone else stuff in the new A7-LA in time for the show?
http://ambarella.com/products/automotive-camera-solutions.html

Please let us know if someone blogs about your camera's. (pix/details) :)

I'm looking forward to details! I'm not confident the Mini 0801 firmware bugs will be worked out any time soon. (so I'm ready to jump ship any time) I was hoping it would hold me over until a better WiFi or dual camera comes out. Did you or anyone else stuff in the new A7-LA in time for the show?
http://ambarella.com/products/automotive-camera-solutions.html

Please let us know if someone blogs about your camera's. (pix/details) :)

no doubt there will be A7 cameras announced at the show, there has been some limited production of cameras by some manufacturers but mass production will happen later this month, our production of A7 models will come a bit later, still have work to do, we will be releasing details though

no doubt there will be A7 cameras announced at the show, there has been some limited production of cameras by some manufacturers but mass production will happen later this month, our production of A7 models will come a bit later, still have work to do, we will be releasing details though

Nice! It's like the CES of DashCam's it sounds like. What's the name of the event? Will any tech sites be covering it in great detail that you know of? (know of any blogs etc?) The google translate in Chrome should do the trick. I'd like to try and follow along next week as news breaks.

Nice! It's like the CES of DashCam's it sounds like. What's the name of the event? Will any tech sites be covering it in great detail that you know of? (know of any blogs etc?) The google translate in Chrome should do the trick. I'd like to try and follow along next week as news breaks.
dashcameras wouldn't even represent 1% I would think, I'll see if I can find some relevant links about the shows that are on for you, just about to head out the door now and won't be back at my computer for 48 hours so won't do that while accessing on mobile

Back