Dash Cam for Wheelchair?

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking... the cell-phone idea my friend suggested is a bit silly, because I couldn't use it as a phone! Oh well. I am pretty settled with the idea of the A129 duo... all I really need is the money to buy it. Next month... always something to spend my Social Security on! Never got the last stimulus check. In any case being able to record my movements will be important to me, and help my doctor understand my control issues and needs, because sometimes I have trouble navigating. Two strokes and spinal fusings have kind of limited me and so, when not roaming around town I'm sitting here playing Skyrim. :cat:

The A129 duo would be a good option. Price difference though on Duo (1080p + 1080P) or Duo Plus (2k front 1080p Rear) is 10 USD I believe. You could set it to view the rear on the larger Picture in Picture and front on smaller image. Since you obviously can see forward and that view is less important.

Some years ago my friend had umpteen heart attacks before they finally got him stabilized and hauled to the hospital, he got it over pretty well i must say.
My "problem" is he is just 1 year older than i am, and we both lived the same unhealthy lifestyle most of our life.
we are also both on early retirement, i think he got his at 51 or 52, and i got mine just before i turned 50, but both of us are up and about, just we are not running anywhere, and our projects, well they take 5 X as long time nowadays.

If you got your setup going really good you could rent yourself out as a dolly + operator for filmmakers :)
Now THAT would be interesting! Probably make more than Social Security... :giggle:

I am sure you would nail that smooth follow shot of the pretty young girl walking down the sidewalk in her red dress and high heels :cool:

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking... the cell-phone idea my friend suggested is a bit silly, because I couldn't use it as a phone! Oh well. I am pretty settled with the idea of the A129 duo... all I really need is the money to buy it. Next month... always something to spend my Social Security on! Never got the last stimulus check. In any case being able to record my movements will be important to me, and help my doctor understand my control issues and needs, because sometimes I have trouble navigating. Two strokes and spinal fusings have kind of limited me and so, when not roaming around town I'm sitting here playing Skyrim. :cat:

Keep in mind that the A129 is designed to be mounted on a glass windshield with the back of the camera against the glass and the lens facing forward. To mount it on a stalk you'll need to do something creative. For example, the stalk could be a piece of 1/4 inch flat steel or aluminum perhaps two inches or so wide where you could attach the base camera unit to the back of the bar (instead of a glass windshield) and have hole in the bar that the lens could stick through facing forwards. The rear camera could also be mounted on the back of the bar either above or below the other unit. As a fellow Vermonter who has spent time in Rutland I'm fairly sure there are several metal fabricators there that could make something like that pretty inexpensively. They could also provide holes in the right places for mounting the flat stalk to the back of your chair.

Last edited:
I get 2300 USD a month in my pension, that might sound like much, but little old Denmark come with a series of drawbacks too, most prominent the high tax rates on pretty much everything but breathing.
But i do fine, i can even afford my little red car from Suzuki, and also afford a few hobbies too, though not ones with high monthly spending's.

How well would a front cam work for you if mounted under an armrest? On a stalk over the shoulder would provide much better coverage but might not be practical. For a single cam to record with there's the 70mai (LINK HERE) on the cheap end of things. A little more will get the B1W (LINK HERE) which is a better cam especially for longevity and low-light use. Added to a car-type reversing cam system with screen that's probably the cheapest way out without sacrificing reliability while giving you an easy-to-use system. I know nothing of those though.

Phil

So Old Goat - from one electric wheelchair user to another – did you ever get this working – and are you happy with the A129 Duo solution?

So Old Goat - from one electric wheelchair user to another – did you ever get this working – and are you happy with the A129 Duo solution?

The OP, Old-Goat-On-Wheels hasn't been seen on the forum for 2 years now since August 15, 2021 which was only two days after he joined the forum. The chances of his responding to your query are slim.

Personally, I don't think the A129 Duo is the best solution for a wheel chair. But now that you've bumped this old thread you can see what advice others have to offer two years later as new options are available.

Back