Dash cam ideas 4ch, 2ch, car battery...

Xethar

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Edit 10 Nov 2017: As days pass, I’ve spent quite some time trying to find answers and I will answer my own questions in order to be of a bit of help for anyone like me in the future. Correct me if I’m wrong in some of them.

Hello! I’m in a sea of doubts right now.

Dont ask me how but since I begun exploring the options to install I ended up with 2x f800 pro thinkwares and one blackvue dr750s

Now exploring the few reviews that compared both Im not quite sure of which is best for me, neither I’m completely sure about setting up 4ch or 2ch.

Answer post edit: I finally decided to keep f800pro thanks to the review comparing both in BBMC.

What I want is to be able to live stream and parking mode is a must. I have Power Magic Pro with the blackvue too so I think up to this point both of them offer me what i demand.

So, questions are, to sum up.

1. Which has better quality overall to read plates?
2. Which will offer me better streaming experience or notifications to phone if something happens? Ive heard blackvue cloud is better but still dont know why.
3. Setting up 4ch hardwire or 2ch hardwire? Would 4ch drain way too much power making length of recording life not practical? Any other inconveniences of 4ch?
Answer to myself post edit: Ill install 4ch f800 pro with 2x Cellink PROs. Each of them powers a 2ch set for about 50hrs and can charge with car on in about 1hr 10min. Anything less will ressult in running out of battery and camera footage when i dont use the car for the weekend.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Btw to more introduce myself, the reasons Im installing this I have had my first new car since 1 year ago. I have a full coverage insurance but Ive had 2 big bumps while parked last weeks. One with a huge hit with a door in the rear door, other was a towing ball mount who went through my front bumper breaking a couple plastic pieces and dismounting one of the proximity sensors.

In both cases no notification from the person who did it, and I fear insurance cost rising or not renewing me, plus I want to have the car like new for at least two more years , so I decided that if theres a chance I can catch whoever hits and runs Im willing to invest a
bit ik it.

Back