Dash Cam Reviewers

The next time I get in new shipment of Nautilus Cam.
And also all the new products we are going to launch in the near future.We will change to standard USB cable.
That's great to hear

The next time I get in new shipment of Nautilus Cam.
And also all the new products we are going to launch in the near future.We will change to standard USB cable.

That is very welcome news indeed.

Micro or Mini B? Which is better?we now prefer Micro.I want to listen to your opinion.

Micro or Mini B? Which is better?we now prefer Micro.I want to listen to your opinion.

I would like to see most cameras decide on one style. I tend to side with Micro because most android phones I have seen seem to use it making replacement cables even more accessible and cheaper if need be.

Is there anything on the technical side that would make one better then the other?

I would like to see most cameras decide on one style. I tend to side with Micro because most android phones I have seen seem to use it making replacement cables even more accessible and cheaper if need be.

Is there anything on the technical side that would make one better then the other?

technically Micro USB would be the better option, it's not as forgiving for ham fisted people though, either one will be a massive step in the right direction though

technically Micro USB would be the better option, it's not as forgiving for ham fisted people though, either one will be a massive step in the right direction though
Yes!;)

Here in the middle of 2015 I would personally like to see new dash cams move to the new USB type C standard rather than stay entrenched in an inferior older standard that will be moving towards obsolescence sooner than later. USB-C offers many advantages, not the least of which is a reversible plug for us ham fisted sorts.

Here in the middle of 2015 I would personally like to see new dash cams move to the new USB type C standard rather than stay entrenched in an inferior older standard that will be moving towards obsolescence sooner than later. USB-C offers many advantages, not the least of which is a reversible plug for us ham fisted sorts.

I agree this will be the connector of choice, I'd be more inclined to move to it once it starts appearing on all the mobile phones and is more common

great.we will consider it.Because it is new direction.

I agree this will be the connector of choice, I'd be more inclined to move to it once it starts appearing on all the mobile phones and is more common

According to this article on C/net this should be starting to happen about now. "Set to be widely available starting 2015, Type-C USB will support USB 3.1 with the top speed of 10Gbps and has much high power output of up to 20V(100W) and 5A."
Not quite sure that's the case yet but is coming pretty soon on a lot of products.

differences in USB ports in terms of durability (based on what i've read and experienced)

Mini-USB (currently quite common on many dashcams):
Pros:
+ larger connector, so it's more solid and harder to damage by trying to force it in the wrong way
+ large connector makes it easier to see which way it goes in, so people are less likely to force it
+ still fairly common, cables easily available
Cons:
- the spring retainers which hold the cable into the device are actually in the device, so that when it wears out, you have to repair/replace the device or risk a loose cable that can fall out at any time

Micro-USB (Common on cell phones and newer Mini080x and other dashcams):
Pros:
+ Spring retainers are in the cable, so when they wear out, you just replace the cable instead of the device
+ Extremely common and cheap cables due to widespread use with smartphones (android, windows)
Cons:
- connector is more fragile
- small connection isn't as easy to see which way should be up, so some users may force it and break it

Micro-USB-C/3.0 (new, just now hitting the market:
Pros:
+ like micro-usb, the spring retainers are in the cable, not the plug, so when it wears out, you just replace the cable
+ reversible: can be plugged in either direction - does not matter which way is up
+ backwards compatible to USB 2.0 - you don't need a USB 3.0 charger or device to connect to this plug
+ capable of much higher data transfer rates than USB 2.0
Cons:
- Since it's still new, the cables aren't as readily available, so they aren't as cheap yet (but this will change with time)
- Again, since it's new, some people will not recognize it and think it's some new proprietary plug

Lightning (Apple iDevices):
Pros:
+ like the new USB-C, it is a reversible plug that doesn't care which way is up
+ becoming widely available since iPhones/iPads are popular
Cons:
- Spring retainers are in the plug on the device, not in the cable, so when they wear out, you have to repair/replace the device.
- cables have actual circuitry inside them so they aren't cheap.

Again, this is just from my own head. I am not citing any sources because i did not look anything up to write all this.

If I were designing a new device today and was required to choose between these 4 connectors, I would pick the USB-C connector.

According to this article on C/net this should be starting to happen about now. "Set to be widely available starting 2015, Type-C USB will support USB 3.1 with the top speed of 10Gbps and has much high power output of up to 20V(100W) and 5A."
Not quite sure that's the case yet but is coming pretty soon on a lot of products.
even if they turn up today I'd think it will take about a year until they're really common, only because it's only the Apple crowd that replace their phones just because a new one comes out, the rest of the people aren't in such a hurry so it will take a bit to filter down into the market I think, this time next year I suspect they'll be more common

Best option is new reversible usb c.
Between micro and mini, I prefer mini as it's more solid on the port compared to micro.

even if they turn up today I'd think it will take about a year until they're really common, only because it's only the Apple crowd that replace their phones just because a new one comes out, the rest of the people aren't in such a hurry so it will take a bit to filter down into the market I think, this time next year I suspect they'll be more common

I think it will be like USB 3.0 in the beginning. I bought a new USB hard drive that came with a 3.0 port along with some short adapter cables to hook it up to anything else in the meantime.

I think it will be like USB 3.0 in the beginning. I bought a new USB hard drive that came with a 3.0 port along with some short adapter cables to hook it up to anything else in the meantime.

even 3.0 has taken a while to filter out into the market, I guess a lot depends on people's hardware upgrade cycles

I would go with the Mini USB for two reasons. One is that this is currently the 'standard' for most cams, so people can use their existing cables. For those who have concealed their cabling this is a plus because they do not have to rewire to switch cams. Second reason is that you can always change to the new connector later if USB-C becomes popular, which will take at least a few years to happen.

Phil

It is reasonable and help.
We will put this into our consideration.

@Techmoan has already done a great review of the Nautilus here:

He came up with the name for this one and it does look like the firmware and hardware both need tweaking.

Yes.And we are now prepare to adjust the sensor to solve the problem.

Is it just sensor calibration for the video to fix that?

Back