Dash Cam Reviewers

Why do you want firmware ?
Is there a GPS option in the current firmware ?
If you attach the GPS antenna / receiver is there GPS data in the Video ...
Have you opened the case for the cam to see if the GPS antenna / receiver port / plug is actually wired anywhere ?
With so many cams built on the same case , but with different internals .. ( I would want to be 100% the chip set supports GPS before flashing firmware or that the firmware supports the chipset )

Why do you want firmware ?
Is there a GPS option in the current firmware ?
If you attach the GPS antenna / receiver is there GPS data in the Video ...
Have you opened the case for the cam to see if the GPS antenna / receiver port / plug is actually wired anywhere ?
With so many cams built on the same case , but with different internals .. ( I would want to be 100% the chip set supports GPS before flashing firmware or that the firmware supports the chipset )

Hi, I did flashed dc200 with A2 firmware.
see the Dc200 topic for detail.

For Discovery DC200,the menu mentioned GPS is optional, if the motherboard does not have prewired for GPS, Class action Lawsuit shall be files soon by Discovery Dc200 owner.

Hi, I did flashed dc200 with A2 firmware.
see the Dc200 topic for detail.

For Discovery DC200,the menu mentioned GPS is optional, if the motherboard does not have prewired for GPS, Class action Lawsuit shall be files soon by Discovery Dc200 owner.
I hardly doubt anyone would file a class action lawsuit for a missing feature.

Hi, Sunny, you may be right, I am not sure how many AnyTek A2 and Discovery DC200 owners in US since this is not a popular DashCam.

Last edited:
it's the one thing that gets complained about all the time, change the connector to Mini or Micro USB and you'll find customers will appreciate it a lot more, someone in your dev team doesn't listen as I know that has been mentioned multiple times

+1

Yes,we have launched a new camera call"Nautilus Cam"Because we have produced a batch of this camera.
So we only can change the USB cable in the next batch.

When is that? Or is it already changed?

I would go with the Mini USB for two reasons. One is that this is currently the 'standard' for most cams, so people can use their existing cables. For those who have concealed their cabling this is a plus because they do not have to rewire to switch cams. Second reason is that you can always change to the new connector later if USB-C becomes popular, which will take at least a few years to happen.

Phil

+1

OK.
I have a Navig(8)R NAVC-616GPS.
Can anyone give me a ratings on this or have I bought a lemon.
I managed to get the thing going(instructions are VERY basic) but find that after 30 mins.........it turns itself off, though cable is attached.
Have not been able to find any answers on this, so hopefully, I'll find an answer here.
I'm just an ordinary user with no super understanding of these things either.

Hadn't noticed this thread before today.
I do basic no-BS reviews of almost every cam I get and am currently reviewing a cam from one well-known seller. I do dashcams and action cams which are suitable for dashcam use only, no regular action cams.

Phil

OK.
I have a Navig(8)R NAVC-616GPS.
Can anyone give me a ratings on this or have I bought a lemon.
I managed to get the thing going(instructions are VERY basic) but find that after 30 mins.........it turns itself off, though cable is attached.
Have not been able to find any answers on this, so hopefully, I'll find an answer here.
I'm just an ordinary user with no super understanding of these things either.

Well , some basic functions need to be set or the cam will turn off when the SD card is full ...
First you need to set the cam to a timed recording 1 minute / 3 minutes / 5 minutes .
Second be sure its functioning as a dash camera ( This depends on the camera )
But for dash cams , to loop record , just set a timed recording .
Hope this gets you going ..

but find that after 30 mins

Thats not much for a card filling up, unless.
1. the card are very small
2. the card are very small but may be stamped with text leading one to think its a big card ( fake )

There are a few things to take a look at.
Test the memory card in a computer using the little free program h2testw.
Look in camera menu to see if loop recording are on, selecting ON or one of the file sizes of 1-2-3 minutes or something to that order.

I have a sneaky feeling that's a 4 Gb memory card.

Thats not much for a card filling up, unless.
1. the card are very small
2. the card are very small but may be stamped with text leading one to think its a big card ( fake )

There are a few things to take a look at.
Test the memory card in a computer using the little free program h2testw.
Look in camera menu to see if loop recording are on, selecting ON or one of the file sizes of 1-2-3 minutes or something to that order.

I have a sneaky feeling that's a 4 Gb memory card.

if loop was off the camera would record for about 30 minutes until it hits the file size limitation and some cameras will stop at that point, if they do then they will power off a short time after that

I wouldn't know cuz i always record 3 minutes, but i will take your word for it.

Hi,our latest OUMAX Rear View Mirror Dash Cam is online now on Amazon,any body want to review on that :) Just PM me please.Thank you

Entry Level Model:
OUMAX RV43HD Rear View Mirror Dash Cam in 62.99USD with 1080P Resolution/Front&Rear 2 CH Recording/4.3inch Display/Parking Monitor

Advanced Models:
OUMAX RV50HD-S Rear View Mirror Dash Cam in 89.99USD with 1080P Resolution/Sony Exmor Sensor/Front&Rear 2 CH Recording/5inch IPS Display/Parking Monitor
OUMAX RV55HD-M Rear View Mirror Dash Cam in 109.99 USD with 1296P Resolution/Super Night Vision 2.0 / Front&Rear 2 CH Recording/5inch IPS Display/Parking Monitor

Attachments

• OUMAX RV50HD-S Rear View Mirror Dash Cam.jpg
    OUMAX RV50HD-S Rear View Mirror Dash Cam.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 20
  • OUMAX_RV55HD-M Rear View Mirror Dash Cam.jpg
    OUMAX_RV55HD-M Rear View Mirror Dash Cam.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back