Dash cam with GPS and 2nd Ch for caravan

Andrew Collins

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I'm planning on doing a road trip around Australia with my family towing a caravan.

I would like to record the trip on a dash cam with GPS. If I could find one with a rear camera that I could mount on the back of the caravan for reversing that would be even better. The only problem is that if its going on the back of the caravan the camera needs to accept 4 pin or rca cables or be wireless.

Does such a product exist?

Maybe some sort of wifi enabled camera in the rear window of the caravan that you could view from a smartphone?

Yes you might be able to use a wifi IP camera, and view that on a tablet or phone.
And than the camera isent really a reversing camera so it will not have the guide lines reversing cameras normally have, same with the distance markers on said lines.

But i assume it could work to some degree, but i never neded it myself, and it is pretty rare i reverse a caravan or large trailer, or a full size truck trailer.

(Not that I would ever trust such a thing, anyway)

Better you learn NOT to back up, unless you have a family member on foot, warning you if are going to back into something. Know your limits, go slow, and 'get out and look'.

Back