Dashcam 522

Derekmdl

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I use a portable power bank for my dashcam as i have a Mercedes c 230 new 2022 it only has 1 c connector i gave my mother my 512 that has a suction cup the 522 stick on pad is rubbish as i put it on wrong an awful job getting it off

Surely if you had trouble getting it off then it did it's job perfectly ?

If it was easy to get off then the weight of the dashcam would pull it off.

The suction cups are far better had to use a screwdriver not good on a new car

Had to use a screwdriver to take it off not good for a new car, a suction cup is far better I think

A piece of dental floss, used like a saw, is the way to safely remove VHB pads. It takes a while but should cut through the adhesive.

Hello,

Due to previous customer feedback regarding the lack of suction cup usage and in an effort to reduce environmental impact, all Nextbase Dashcams now come with an adhesive mount and spare adhesive pad only.
We have two types of mounts available for a 522GW; a suction cup or an adhesive mount. The adhesive mount is considerably more durable and less prone to breakage. If you would prefer to use a suction cup, this can be purchased from the below website:

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

What a great pity you have decided in the view of environmental issues, to stop supplying the suction cup base. As a two car family we could and did take the dashcam with us regardless of which car we used.
The cynic inside me says you didn’t reduce the price, and now you want extra payment to get the suction base. You’ve already stopped suppling the dust cover, what will be next? The second stick pad? (Which I still have).
I have no gripes with the dashcam, I think it is a wonderful bit of kit and I have had no issues at all with it (except my own stupidity and failing to read the instructions on occasions)
But what I would ask , if and when the 532 version comes out , you retain the the same fixings for mounts, the same socket connections for rear cameras, so that some cost savings on environmental issues can be passed onto the customer. So there is no need to change the rear camera or the front fixing method.

Agreed, I regularly move my 522GW between cars, suction cup mount works well, other manufacturers do not always include

Back