Dashcam captures moment semi-truck slams into 6 cars on I-94 in Gurnee Illinois (USA)

Wow that's a horrendous crash :(

I hope they check the cell phone records of the trucker. It looks like he didn't slow down at all. Daylight, not that much traffic. He was distracted by something. He's lucky there are no fatalities...(Yet) but this is going to be expensive for his company, and he needs to find another line of work if he doesn't do some jail time.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...rash-update-video-st-0922-20160921-story.html

The truck company is JR Cartage, a local company with 30 trucks, based in Naperville, IL

Last edited:
Apparently, drivers for that company have trouble stopping for cops, also.
Here is a report from April where cops chase a JR Cartage truck for 66 miles in Texas before they forced it to stop, or it stopped.

"About 130pm Saturday DPS Troopers attempted to stop an 18-wheeler on a traffic offense on Interstate 45 near The Woodlands. The driver, driving the truck for JR Cartage Inc, refused to stop and led DPS, Montgomery County, Walker County, Huntsville Police and Madison County Officers on a three county chase which ended just before the Madisonvville exit. This exit is also the exit for Buc-ee’s. The truck was running at close to 60 mph and attempted several times to strike pursuing vehicles. Several times he was able to avoid spike strips by going onto shoulders. In Walker County Troopers were able to spike the front tires causing part of the left front fender to become dislodged and fall onto the freeway. As the chase continued a DPS helicopter moved in to assist. With heavy traffic officers created a rolling roadblock to keep motorists behind the truck fr safety measures. The driver who has not yet been identified has been transported to the Montgomery County Jail. The chase which lasted over an hour went a total of 66 miles. "

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/three-county-18-wheeler-pursuit-comes-end/

It looks like they have an office in Dallas, also, so they may have more than 30 trucks....sometimes the numbers you find online aren't correct.

"Our management team has over 60 years combined experience in the transportation industry and is dedicated to holding each employee to the highest of professional standards."

Believe what you see, not what they tell you. :)

Lots of O uttered here and the "F" word too :eek: Nasty stuff.

Daaayaaaaum.
That's even worse than the video I posted.
Amazing that no one died.
We really think these tin cans are strong but they really get crushed like aluminum soda cans. :eek:

"Get your CDL in 6 weeks!" That's a billboard sign I drive by every day on my way home.

In some parts here, you can get one without ever visiting the RTO/DMV. :(:mad:

Yesterday in a Danish cop program on TV there was 20 cars going the wrong way on the motorway, and then they put a little pictures up of what can happen in that case.

Saw pics of 2 cars where a 23 year old drove down a off ramp, sped up to 110 or 130 km/h and then hit a elderly couple head on, needless to say all 3 was killed and their cars was a big mess.

Turned out the 20 cars going the wrong was got into the oncoming traffic due to some road works and dividing barrier was removed, and then the first car was not paying attention to signs and the other 19 cars just followed him into oncoming traffic.

Luckily no one was hurt.

My first car was accelerated from 10 km/h to 80 km/h in a few feet by a van, so i can imagine what a 40 ton semi would feel like when it rear end you.

At the very last moment he started to steer left - far too late by then. I hope they find the reason and throw the book at him. And maybe the company too if they let their drivers drive tired or do work on phones while driving.

Back