Dashcam for BYD Atto3 or Dolphin cars

BanKam

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
There appears to be a mount inside the sensor housing above the rear view mirror in these models and a blue cable plug behind the centre console with access from the passenger footwell, but our local dealer had no details of the camera(s) designed to fit other than the video output could be reviewed on the car's main infotainment screen. I see a number of camera and cable sets for sale on AliExpress but all without the information needed to make a useful decision. Has anyone had experience that might help me choose one?

Always better to choose a good dashcam, than to choose a dashcam designed for the car.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you, but BYD (at least our local dealer in Thailand) says that connecting a 3rd party camera to the car's circuit will void the warranty so I'm not inclined to test that. I have a spare Viofo A119 III but powering that via the 12v lighter socket is messy and if the camera designed for the car records locally and/or plays back via the main screen I feel it's worth a try. Just fishing here to see if anyone has more info than I can dig up at the moment.

Back