Dashcam in Denmark

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have just been surfing the local part of the interweb, and to my suprice there is a "lot" of dashcams for sale here.
They range from things no one should rely on to high end models, but the most scary was the price on some cams.

What do you think about a Lukas lk-7900 with a +450 US dollar Price tag :eek:

I have just been surfing the local part of the interweb, and to my suprice there is a "lot" of dashcams for sale here.
They range from things no one should rely on to high end models, but the most scary was the price on some cams.

I think its totally normal price of any small EU re-seller after all stupud / crazy taxes vendor have to pay to local tax-man: Import tax, duty tax, VAT, tax from income, if its a retail shop then add tons of other extras: shop rent, electricity, security, insurance, stuff salary etc. After all this "tax-rollercoaster" re-seller want to earn his small 20-25% mark up, thats how you can find many electronics products in EU retail priced 200% from country of origin and its not because vendor is greedy but because EU tax system is greedy.
This is if you import small (1-10 units). If you are big electronics chain shop placing bulk order on 1-10K units, then you might negotiate 20-50%? discount from manufacturer to keep local retail price competitive to international online store prices.

Also dont forget that buying locally ( paying more ) you get local warranty and service and no waste of time ( time is money ! ) ;)
If you buy from "abroad", - you deal with "abroad" if something happens, which cost you extra money, time to send back, wait 1-2 month, waste of nervous etc.
So there are pros and cons to buy locally or abroad.

True.

Big + here is we have a 2 year warrenty on all things you buy here, but buying same cam in the UK save me 500 Danish kronor.
I think we have the highest sale tax in EU 25 %, all in all adding up to a acumelated total of 70% tax on your income.

Witch lead me to think we as a country is closer to soviet russia of old times than enything else, :D

The one who instantly paid $450 for a dash cam, installed it in a car without bothering to spend long hours on reading reviews on Internet or even checking price on e-bay is a winner ;-).

Back