Dashcam not turning off

chriz1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My blackvue 770x is set to turn off in parking mode after 3 hrs or 12.2V but it continues to record and pick up movement throughout the day.

I've re installed the app and changed the settings a few times but it still doesn't turn off when it's meant to.

Any ideas what I ca try ?

It sounds like you have the "Recording Mode > Battery Protection" feature enabled which then allows you to set the parking mode "Low voltage cut-off" value and the "Cut-off timer" value. Make sure all three options enabled within the settings of the 770X. You can have the "Battery Protection" feature enabled, but the other two settings can be turned on/off individually.

Does the 770X announce "Parking mode on" when the accessory power is turned off when the vehicle's ignition switch is used to turn off the car/engine? If the dash camera is not making that announcement, it could be that the dash camera's wiring is not setup correctly. If the 770X does announce "Parking mode on" and the settings are set correctly (as mentioned above), there could be a firmware bug.

Hi yes I have checked and all those options are enabled.
Also the camera says parking mode enabled after about 5 mine..
I'm doing all these settings by conenxtong the app via WiFi (not throigh the cloud as its a bit of a faff ) but I know the settings are getting to the camera because I have changed the status led from on to off in parking mode but the same method.
Even changed fro motion and impact to time lapse in case birds or whatever were resting the timer' still nothing

Also the camera says parking mode enabled after about 5 mine..
If it's taking 5-minutes to go into parking mode, you are either powering the 770X with the cigarette lighter power adapter (CLA) or the 3-wire hardwire harness does not have the red accessory power wire connected to an accessory power source in your car's fuse box.

When it takes 5-minutes to go into parking mode, that means that the 770X entered parking mode via the motion detection method of entering parking mode (vehicle was motionless for 5-minutes). That's fine if it's powered by the CLA. BlackVue dash cameras will still enter parking mode after 5-minutes of the vehicle being motionless if powered by the 3-wire hardwire cable. That's one of the annoying "features" of BlackVue dash cameras.

I see so it should go onto parking mode immediately after switching off?
Ok that could be the issue I will have to check that it definitely is connected but maybe there's a problem

Ok so contacted blackvue and they advise I can't have both set its one or the other timer or voltage cut off..
so in this instance I will set it to the timer. And turn off the voltage cutoff to see if this does what it's supposed to.

Bit disappointing as who's to say the voltage won't drop below what I want it to drop in that time window

I see so it should go onto parking mode immediately after switching off?
If you use the 3-wire hardwiring cable to power the dash camera, the 770X should immediately go into parking mode when the vehicle's ignition switch is turned off. The accessory power feed gets turned off and that is what should trigger an ignition based switch into parking mode. If powered by the CLA, there's no way for the 770X to know that the ignition power has been turned off since both the constant power and the "accessory" power that is fed to the dash camera are on all of the time. The CLA takes the constant power and feeds that to both the constant power and accessory power feed in the dash camera. If the constant and accessory power are on and the vehicle remains stationary for 5-minutes, that will trigger a motion (less) based entry into parking mode.

For the low voltage cut-off or cut-off timer to function, the accessory power feed to the 770X must be off (see included documentation screenshot below).

Ok so contacted blackvue and they advise I can't have both set its one or the other timer or voltage cut off..
so in this instance I will set it to the timer. And turn off the voltage cutoff to see if this does what it's supposed to.

Bit disappointing as who's to say the voltage won't drop below what I want it to drop in that time window
Looking at the 770X online docs, it mentions that it will pay attention to both (note the "and" in this documentation entry). Is this a documentation misstatement? I believe you can have both active at the same time.

1697565893170.png

Using the BlackVue SD Card viewer with the memory card from my DR970X-2CH, I can toggle the voltage cut-off feature and the cut-off timer feature in any combination.

1697566044530.png 1697566057580.png 1697566082065.png 1697566097918.png

Think I have found the fault, I made sure I found the correct fuses when connecting the hardwire kit by fuse taps. But I must have put the switch live fuse one blade out of the fuse holder which made the cig socket live instead of being switched (audi) it's pretty hard to get to but now replaced in correct socket and has gone into park mode as soon as I turn off the ca. So I'm confident it's sorted. Thanks everyone for you help

Back