Dashcam recommendations for Estate/Wagon.

bbt2016

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m looking for a rear dash cam for a 2019 Mercedes C-Class (Estate/Wagon)

What are the best options available for an Estate/Wagon style car if you don’t want to go down the road of stripping the car interior to install it through the tailgate.?

Reccomendations welcome. I’m in the UK if it helps.

(i haven’t decided on a front dash cam either yet)

Thanks

I was dealing with the same topic.
For me it was an even bigger issue, since the tailgate in my 3 series has the window that can open too.
I still wanted to have the rear camera and simply made a mount that slides onto the headliner and under the weather seal.
You can check the following thread to see some pictures of it.

You can use a piece of metal and bend it to get the same result.

I still had to disable a few parts but it was way easier than the tailgate route.

Another vote for the A139. After I found a route for the cable through the roof headliner from front camera to the tailgate, pushing the thin coax cable and its small connector through the rubber tubing to the tailgate was not too difficult.

Another vote for the A139. After I found a route for the cable through the roof headliner from front camera to the tailgate, pushing the thin coax cable and its small connector through the rubber tubing to the tailgate was not too difficult.
Is that the VIOFO A139 ? That’s the front camera I’m assuming. What’s the name of the rear?

Is that the VIOFO A139 ? That’s the front camera I’m assuming. What’s the name of the rear?
You can get the Viofo A139 in 1CH (front only), or as a 2CH or even 3CH version. I run mine as 2-channel for front & rear recording.

Back