Dashcam with parking mode timer cut off

maniac886

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any model of dashcam that offers to cut off the parking mode after a specific period of time rather than switch off when the battery hits a specific voltage? I know the Viofo A139 Pro offers this but are there any other dash cams that are a bit cheaper that has this functionality?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 6 .png
    6 .png
    164.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 5 .jpg
    5 .jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 4 .jpg
    4 .jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 3 .jpg
    3 .jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    232.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1 .png
    1 .png
    232.2 KB · Views: 3
Most of Viofo's current range does, so pick your camera and then ask if it has... someone will check.

It is an excellent feature for battery health, no need for an additional battery if you have it set at a few hours.

Thank you both- I am looking at the A129 Pro Duo , for some reason I thought it was just available for the A139 Pro . I can give VioFo UK a call on Monday as they will probably be able to confirm for sure before I order!

I am looking at the A129 Pro Duo
The A129 Pro was cutting edge / top of the line in 2019.
4 years later it's still better than 99% of the junk on Amazon / eBay.
However, without STARVIS 2 & HDR you will be disappointed, especially if you ever intend on driving at night.

Thank you both- I am looking at the A129 Pro Duo , for some reason I thought it was just available for the A139 Pro . I can give VioFo UK a call on Monday as they will probably be able to confirm for sure before I order!
That one does have "Parking Recording Timer:" in the manual, not convinced it was there when I was using one, but apparently is now.

As Panzer Platform says, that is not the latest camera, which is partly why it is cheaper. I would suggest the A229 Plus 2 channel, which is a little cheaper would be the better accident recorder for UK use due to its new generation sensor and HDR. It is only 2K front instead of 4K, but that is sufficient for our big UK plates and will do better in the dark than the A129 Pro, also has 2K at the rear instead of FHD. If you are making movies then the A129 Pro is an excellent camera though. One issue with the A229 Plus is that it is only just released and likely to need a few firmware updates yet.

That one does have "Parking Recording Timer:" in the manual, not convinced it was there when I was using one, but apparently is now.

As Panzer Platform says, that is not the latest camera, which is partly why it is cheaper. I would suggest the A229 Plus 2 channel, which is a little cheaper would be the better accident recorder for UK use due to its new generation sensor and HDR. It is only 2K front instead of 4K, but that is sufficient for our big UK plates and will do better in the dark than the A129 Pro, also has 2K at the rear instead of FHD. If you are making movies then the A129 Pro is an excellent camera though. One issue with the A229 Plus is that it is only just released and likely to need a few firmware updates yet.
Thank you I will check A229 Plus 2 channel out - this is for my parents car which is mainly used for day time driving and they also want something to watch their car whilst they are out shopping without draining the battery too much.

My BlackVue DR900x-Plus has both time and voltage. Mine is set to shut off after one hour.

Garmin DC line.

As far as i understand the timer enabled cameras are just a count down timer, its not like you can specify times of day where the parking guard should be on.

I personally use a 3 hour if i can.

Back