Dashcam with same power connector as Blackvue?

pjn1976

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you can get a (non blackvue) dash cam with the same type of power connector? (see image below) I have a blackvue dash cam, but am having a nightmare with connecting via wifi using app and viewing or downloading video's on my phone. So I am thinking of getting a different brand dash cam, but ideally I'd like to use the same power connector wire so I don't have to change the wiring. (I'm guessing it may be unlikely unfortunately)

IMG_20220617_082640 (1).jpg

Which model Of Blackvue do you have? I assume you have contacted Blackvue customer support. Have they been any help? "Normally," they are quite good.

Very few cameras that use a 12 Volt barrel plug style connector.
My old Lukas camera did about a decade ago, but it is not a brand i can recommend

Which model Of Blackvue do you have? I assume you have contacted Blackvue customer support. Have they been any help? "Normally," they are quite good.
DR590X-1CH

I have tried contacting support, but they have not been able to solve the issue, won't work at all with my main phone, works to some extent with an old phone, but that's not really helpful lol

Very few cameras that use a 12 Volt barrel plug style connector.
My old Lukas camera did about a decade ago, but it is not a brand i can recommend
yeah, I was thinking that there would not be many with that type, not very modern... just really don't want to have to get it rewired.

Might be easier to replace the whole wire thing.. but exchanging the plug would be an option.. assuming one has soldering skills and that the power supplied is the same

Back