Dashcam

Mdon1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

I have bought a used BMW F11 5 series which came with F&R wiring for a dash cam.

I have always used Blackvue so can immediately rule out the camera being a Blackvue one.

The Front is a Micro USB with separate GPS Jack and the rear is Mini USB.

Can anyone please help me identify which camera it could have been so I can source a replacement, it will save me re wiring the Blackvue.

I really appreciate all your guys help.

Regards

Mdon1

narrows it down to a few dozen possibilities I guess
Thank you - would you be kind enough to name one or two of the more mainstream brands so I could do some research please?

Or recommendations if possible, much appreciated.

As far as I know, none of the decent brand current dashcams come with that combination, and obviously what was there is likely to be a few years old, you don't want to buy a new old dashcam since quality has been improving rapidly, especially for dual cameras, so I suggest you forget about the old cables and just buy the dashcam you want, then use the old cables to help install the new ones. If the front to rear cable goes above the roof liner then you may be able to use it to pull the new cable through and save a lot of dismantling.

You only have to install once, you have to live with a bad choice every day.

Oddly the car came with around £30k of extras so I kind of hoped the previous owner wouldn't skrimp on a dash cam.

I totally agree - my experience if blackvue in 2 cars (both 650DW from memory) have been positive, I also wanted to keep the wired connection without having to rewire.

Thank you for the reply.

Oddly the car came with around £30k of extras so I kind of hoped the previous owner wouldn't skrimp on a dash cam.
I don't understand why the dashcam would have been removed without also removing the cables, it is useless without cables and the cables are useless without the dashcam, and if there are £30K of extras then the cost of the 2nd hand dashcam is irrelevant. Only reasonable explanation is that it either failed or didn't work well in the first place and was removed long before sale.

Also possible that the GPS cable is from a previous dashcam and wasn't removed during an upgrade, in which case there are even more possibilities, but still no top brands.

Agree, I will remove the cable and revert back to my BlackVue, thank you for the response, appreciated.

Back