Datakam Player for Mac

New version looks fine, thank you!

I hadn’t tried this before v.2.0, this might be a bug:

I stop a video and manually move by single frames using the key commands N or B. Then, when I take a screenshot from within the app (⌘-S), it grabs the screen from the stopping point in the video, not the currently selected frame.

Player makes screenshot at the time of cursor (red vertical line). When you press hotkey "B" or "N" cursor should move back or forward. Could you check if the cursor moves or not?

Player makes screenshot at the time of cursor (red vertical line). When you press hotkey "B" or "N" cursor should move back or forward. Could you check if the cursor moves or not?

Yes, the cursor moves when pressing the hotkey "B" or "N". Also, if I hold down the "N" key the video progresses forward smoothly. When I press and hold down the "B" key the video moves in the reverse direction in a jerky fashion. Screenshot corresponds with position of the red line. (Datakam Player 2.0 - OSX 10.9.2)

P.S. Do you have plans to support SeeZeus dash cams in the Mac version? My GT680W GPS functions are supported in Datakam Player for Windows but not the Mac version. (Using Windows 7 under Parallels on second monitor)

Yes, the cursor moves when pressing the hotkey "B" or "N". Also, if I hold down the "N" key the video progresses forward smoothly. When I press and hold down the "B" key the video moves in the reverse direction in a jerky fashion. Screenshot corresponds with position of the red line. (Datakam Player 2.0 - OSX 10.9.2)

P.S. Do you have plans to support SeeZeus dash cams in the Mac version? My GT680W GPS functions are supported in Datakam Player for Windows but not the Mac version. (Using Windows 7 under Parallels on second monitor)

We are planning to support almost all dash cams supported by Windows version. Wait for update next month.

Just tried your Datakam Player for Mac V2.1 this morning - for the Mini 0803 I have just purchased. I've found that the GPS/Map overlay, speed (set to MPH) and video playback are all working great, thank you.:)

It's been great fun watching just how badly my wife got well & truly lost when she borrowed my car, yesterday, to take my daughter to her friend's house!!:D

The only thing I spotted was that the Altitude remained at '0' throughout. Is there something I need to do to get this working, or is it a 'work in progress' situation?

Also, do you know when you'll have this available via Apple's App Store??

Last edited:
The only thing I spotted was that the Altitude remained at '0' throughout. Is there something I need to do to get this working, or is it a 'work in progress' situation?
Your dashcam doesn't save altitude information.

Your dashcam doesn't save altitude information.
Thanks Vadikus, that'll explain it!;) The Mini 0803 'User Manual' was somewhat lacking in detail, although they do love using a very small font!!

Any news/update re. adding this to the Apple App Store?o_O

Last edited:
New version 2.3 released.

This is the short list of dashcams that GPS format supported.
There are a lot of analogs and clones, they are not included.
  • AdvoCam FD5
  • AdvoCam-FD7 Profi-GPS
  • Akenori DriveCam
  • ArcGIS
  • AVR-865 GPS
  • BlackVue DR380G HD
  • BlackVue DR400G
  • BlackVue DR550GW-2CH
  • Cansonic CDV 800
  • Car Black Box X3000
  • CVR-A7510-G
  • Datakam (all models)
  • digma dvr 106g
  • DOD LS430W
  • F70G
  • F90G
  • GINZZU FX-905HD GPS
  • GPS1000
  • GPS2000
  • GS5000
  • GS6000
  • GS8000
  • GS9000
  • GT680W
  • Highscreen Black Box Radar Plus
  • i1000-gt
  • Mini 0801 / 0803
  • Mio Mivue 388
  • MiVue 358
  • Neoline Cubex V50
  • Nextbase 402G
  • NTK96650
  • Ritmix AVR-820
  • RITMIX AVR-827
  • Rollei CarDVR-110
  • SAMOON 3H2
  • Samoon DV5E5
  • Street Guardian SG9665GM
  • Texet DVR 1GS/1GP/2GP/5GP
  • Texet DVR-561G
  • Vehicle Blackbox DVR
  • VR-102 Critical Witness

Last edited:
New version 2.3 released.

This is the short list of dashcams that GPS format supported.
  • Mini 0801 / 0803
@Vadikus - Having upgraded from (Datakam Player for Mac) V2.1 to V2.3 I am sorry to inform you that V2.3 no longer supports the Mini 0803 GPS format.
I have double checked this by importing the same video files that work on V2.1 into the new V2.3 version.
In V2.3 the video footage is there but the GPS (map/speed/g-sensor) data is not.:(
I'll carry on using V2.1 for the time being.;)

Last edited:
@Vadikus - Having upgraded from (Datakam Player for Mac) V2.1 to V2.3 I am sorry to inform you that V2.3 no longer supports the Mini 0803 GPS format.
Please, send GPS file samples (video not needed) and describe file structure of your dashcam to my e-mail: vadikus@mail.ru .
We have no samples of 0803, but include it in the support list, because you write about it before.

Please, send GPS file samples (video not needed) and describe file structure of your dashcam to my e-mail: vadikus@mail.ru .
We have no samples of 0803, but include it in the support list, because you write about it before.
I have sent you an email with the some GPS file samples, a screenshot of the file structure and two screenshots of the same video (one using Datakam V2.1 and the other when using Datakam V2.3) to show you what is happening.
Hope this helps!;)

I've just downloaded version 2.3.1 from the link in the OP and running the program just gives me an empty window. I tried the File/Open function and selected a bunch of video files but nothing happened. I'm on OS X 10.7.

Is it possible to access the older versions to see if they work?

Thanks for that. Unfortunately v2.1 of the program doesn't seem to do anything either.

What is supposed to be displayed when I start the program? All I get is the menu bar and a blank window.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately v2.1 of the program doesn't seem to do anything either.

What is supposed to be displayed when I start the program? All I get is the menu bar and a blank window.

Datakam Player for Mac works on OSX 10.8 and above. You could update to OS X Mavericks (it's absolutely free)

Ah right, that would explain it! Thanks for the clarification. I've put off upgrading to Mavericks so far because my older MacBook can't run it and I'm worried about losing some of the screen sharing and other tricks between my two Macs. This could be a reason to make the leap...

Back