Date and time wrong

avalon60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I connected my mobius car cam to my pc and used mSetup to change some settings as well as ticking the option to have Sync Date/Time set to On. When I used it last night at around 5.30pm to 6.30pm, the date and time is shown as 01/01/2012 and time is 00:08:49, as shown in the picture.

What have I missed? Is there another setting I should change?

I am using a Kingston 32GB microSD class 4 card in the camera, and I have it connected by a usb lead to a cigarette lighter socket

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-10-28-09h48m32s223.png
    vlcsnap-2014-10-28-09h48m32s223.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 12
I connected my mobius car cam to my pc and used mSetup to change some settings as well as ticking the option to have Sync Date/Time set to On. When I used it last night at around 5.30pm to 6.30pm, the date and time is shown as 01/01/2012 and time is 00:08:49, as shown in the picture.

What have I missed? Is there another setting I should change?

I am using a Kingston 32GB microSD class 4 card in the camera, and I have it connected by a usb lead to a cigarette lighter socket
Your camera lost power between removing the camera from the PC and connecting it to your car's power supply. This shouldn't happen if you have a healthy battery but will (could) happen if you have a supercap installed and turn the camera on without external power connected. As soon as the internal battery/supercap falls below a certain level there will not be enough power to keep the RTC (Real Time Clock) running so the next time you connect your camera to external power the RTC will start counting from 1st Jan. 2012.

No, I didn't forget that. One of the most important things to do I should think
Perhaps you forgot to click on 'Set Parameters' before exiting the GUI?

Your camera lost power between removing the camera from the PC and connecting it to your car's power supply. This shouldn't happen if you have a healthy battery but will (could) happen if you have a supercap installed and turn the camera on without external power connected. As soon as the internal battery/supercap falls below a certain level there will not be enough power to keep the RTC (Real Time Clock) running so the next time you connect your camera to external power the RTC will start counting from 1st Jan. 2012.

So does that mean I should turn it on while still connected to my PC, and leave it switched on ?

I don't have a supercap installed in the camera

What I do is just take the switched off camera and connect it up with the usb cable, whereby it comes on, as per my selection in the mSetup program.

Maybe now I should connect it to my pc, switch it on and then put in the car??

So does that mean I should turn it on while still connected to my PC, and leave it switched on ?

I don't have a supercap installed in the camera

What I do is just take the switched off camera and connect it up with the usb cable, whereby it comes on, as per my selection in the mSetup program.

Maybe now I should connect it to my pc, switch it on and then put in the car??
You are doing everything correctly. You mustn't turn the camera on if you want to set the parameters.
Assuming you click the button "Set Parameters", as russ331 suggested, then you either have a discharged battery or your battery is flaky or puffed.
You need to charge the battery with the camera turned off and wait until the green LED turns off. Once fully charged, make a test video and see how long the camera records without external power. If you get less than approx. 30 minutes recording time you'll need to replace the battery.

Right ok, thanks for that.
Now what happens is that when I plug the camera into a USB port on my PC, the led on the top first goes green , and then yellow after a second or 2. This is when the camera is recognised by the PC as a Mobius Camera.
Also the led on the back of the camera goes permanent red.

Right ok, thanks for that.
Now what happens is that when I plug the camera into a USB port on my PC, the led on the top first goes green , and then yellow after a second or 2. This is when the camera is recognised by the PC as a Mobius Camera.
Also the led on the back of the camera goes permanent red.
That's exactly how it should react! If the yellow LED turns off after a few seconds, don't worry about it, it's normal. Now, when you synchronize the date and time, the RTC will be correctly updated. Up to now everything should be OK.
Disconnect the camera and take a test video. How long does the camera record? Is the date and time correct?

I disconnected the camera and started the recording, which it did for 2 hours before turning off, and also the date and time was correct this time.
Now I have re connected the camera with a view to charging it up, and as before green led for a second or 2 , then permantent yellow led

Update here, the yellow led changed to green after a short while, so it is being charged up now

Last edited:
Back