DDPAI announces N5 Dual, new 4K dashcam with Radar

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
70mai S500, A229 Pro, VS1, Nexus 4 Pro, S1 Pro, A119 v3v2v1
Found this mildly interesting announcement the other day here by DDPAI. A dual 4k (front) + 1080p (rear, vomits) dashcam solution with millimetre-wave radar and eMMC storage.

Wonder how it will go with its radar-based detection and I haven't been able to find anywhere what sensor it uses for its supposed 4k camera, which has me somewhat dubious.

Looks interesting! I’ve got a lot of questions… :)

The Mini5 uses an IMX415 and retails for $139.

This new N5 Dual is “4K” front and 1080p rear and costs $119? Something smells fishy here… With radar it’s $169.

This new N5 Dual is “4K” front and 1080p rear and costs $119? Something smells fishy here… With radar it’s $169.
Didn't even look at the price haha, but damn that does smell fishy. older Starvis 8MP IMX415 or upscaled 4k from the IMX335 again LOL ?

maybe it has built in K band radar detector.

The DDPAI Mini5 was one of the frogs I kissed in 2021.
I told Lucy (DDPAI Rep) that sent me the camera eMMC “only” was not good, and to add SD Card capability.
It looks like they did just that, (it only took 2.5 years).
When I tested it, it was on sale for $76.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 8.47.12 PM.png

Didn't even look at the price haha, but damn that does smell fishy. older Starvis 8MP IMX415 or upscaled 4k from the IMX335 again LOL ?
lol my thoughts exactly…
maybe it has built in K band radar detector.
From the video it’s a little unclear if their ADAS takes advantage of the radar system, but I’m hoping no. Transmitting K band while driving would lead to a huge facepalm, lol.
The DDPAI Mini5 was one of the frogs I kissed in 2021.
I told Lucy (DDPAI Rep) that sent me the camera eMMC “only” was not good, and to add SD Card capability.
It looks like they did just that, (it only took 2.5 years).
When I tested it, it was on sale for $76.

View attachment 71473
When they reached out to me to test and review the Mini5, they asked me how much $$ I wanted to review it, saying lots of influencers won’t cover a product unless they’re paid to do so. Sigh…

When they reached out to me to test and review the Mini5, they asked me how much $$ I wanted to review it,
From now on I request $625 via PayPal for YouTube video reviews.
And I will still have a long list for the Cons. lol

When they reached out to me to test and review the Mini5, they asked me how much $$ I wanted to review it, saying lots of influencers won’t cover a product unless they’re paid to do so. Sigh…
I am trying to understand about taking money. Now if you can take money to pay for production costs but still be brutally honest on the product then why not? Just curious. We have not recieved any money as of yet. But have been asked.

if you can take money to pay for production costs but still be brutally honest on the product then why not?
My all time favorite BRUTALLY honest YouTube reviewer is Joe W Rhea.
He reviews rifle scopes.
When a manufacturer sends him a scope, and its bad he says;
“Holy sh*t this scope is a piece of sh*t!”
Just have a listen.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 12.12.01 AM.png

This is exactly what I planned to do with the Akeeyo NV-X;

They offered me $625USD via PayPal, and two sample units in exchange for a YouTube review.
I declined their offer because I knew the camera was going to be junk, and I didn’t want to take any testing time away from the A229 Pro.

I am trying to understand about taking money. Now if you can take money to pay for production costs but still be brutally honest on the product then why not? Just curious. We have not recieved any money as of yet. But have been asked.
That’s an interesting question. I always assumed that if you’re getting paid then there’s a conflict of interest and it would be easy to be swayed, even unintentionally, to being overly positive. If there’s no restrictions on what you can say and you’re still able to be fully honest, then hm.

I was looking into this more last night after seeing your post and there are people who review products from companies who sponsor them, but they make a point to disclose everything beforehand and they’re still going over both the pros and cons while giving a fair and accurate review.

In a sense, it’s sorta like being given a free product to test which is itself a form of compensation, but that feels less questionable than receiving financial payment.

So while doing paid or sponsored reviews is still something that I’m not comfortable with or interested in personally, there are people who manage to navigate those waters, presumably without turning into paid shills, and so maybe I shouldn’t be fully opposed to people doing that as if it automatically assumes that the review and the reviewer’s motivations will invariably be compromised.

Alsi internal storage, i have to admit having tried with the dride 4K that have it + a SD card it will offload to later when internal space fill up, so it record to internal and use SD as slave storage so to say.
And i absolutely do not like it operating in that way.
Also not sure i would want to pay for EMMC emergency storage, i would prefer to carry a spare card instead.

I was looking into this more last night after seeing your post and there are people who review products from companies who sponsor them, but they make a point to disclose everything beforehand and they’re still going over both the pros and cons while giving a fair and accurate review.
I started my YouTube channel February 2019.
The first company that sent me free products to test was October 2019, (LED headlight bulbs).
As we all know YouTube changes their policies on just about everything almost every month.
It’s impossible to keep up with all the changes.
In October 2019 I checked the YouTube policy about sponsored reviews, and what your supposed to disclose.
It said if you receive a free product to make a video about this constitutes a “sponsored video” even if you receive no financial compensation.
In the eyes of YouTube the free product is your financial compensation and your video is “sponsored” by whoever sent you the product.
This policy does not matter if your channel was monetized, or not.
So at the beginning of every product review I say;
1.) This is a sponsored video.
2.) This product was sent at no charge to me.
3.) This product was sent to me by (whoever sent the product).
This is my attempt to inform the viewer.

Now, I’m going to open a can of worms and see what the current policy is.
I had a discussion with @rcg530 about this 2 years ago, and I bet he’s got some insight into this too.
Apologies to OP @Agie for going off topic yet again.

An initial video review here, he hasn't covered the radar cos the radar module isn't available til end of April. Says there is a 8Mp sensor, so seems that it may very well be the IMX415 if correct :

I have an assumption that this is a GalaxyCore GC8613 and Rockchip RV1126

I have an assumption that this is a GalaxyCore GC8613 and Rockchip RV1126

That would explain its relatively low price point if it is indeed a GalaxyCore image sensor :/. Nowhere near Starvis 2 image quality

Back