DDpai Mini 2

Hi,
I'm following the channel to learn with all you to buy my first dashcam. With all crazy info, brands, models... finaly i decided and i've buy a DDpai Mini 2 in ebay. Now i'm waiting to receive it and share with all you.
Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Galaxy S7

In case anyone else is interested, I asked DDPai if I could use two of the Mini 2 cameras for front and rear function. I also asked if the Mini 2 supported 64/128GB cards and what brand they would recommend. This is their response:

Thanks for your inquiry!
1. Mini 2 doesn't support Front and Rear function. Only M6 plus with Mini, M6/M6C, M4.
2. Mini 2 workes with 64G and 128G TF card. But you need to format them in DDpai APP or format 64G or 128G TF card to FAT32 (MS-DOS FAT) format in PC, before it workes in camera. We will recommmed "Kingstone" class 10 TF card.

A little disappointed with the lack of front/rear support but I figure I could just install two anyway and manually switch between the two. I'm not overly fussed about PIP feature and certainly not a deal breaker. The features and price of two of these compared to dedicated 2 channel cameras is still worth it in my opinion.
I should hopefully receive my first unit in few days and will try a 64GB card with it.

Hi,
I've received my Ddpai mini2, but i've cheked the storage say "up to 64gb" not 128gb like the product in web. Do you think has 2 models (64gb and 128gb)?.
8bfa08eecca101f60dfe955f9e088f9d.jpg

I don't think there are two models. It could be 128Gb was made official after the printing of the specs? I don't have a 128Gb card to test though.

My DDPai M6+ (similarly spec'd) works perfectly with a 128GB SD card.

My ddpai mini 2 box says up to 128gb.. and no Chinese characters on the box, as I think mine is the "international" variant from HK or elsewhere that might sell ddpai instead of the china version. My guess is, the version you got was from China or possibly just the production box was old compared to the newer ones.
upload_2016-9-6_9-2-14.png

It's stranger, because i've inserted a Samsung 128gb micro sd card and only recognize 24gb. I've contact with seller to get back the dashcam :(. I've formatted the sd to Fat32 but no changes. Needs any especific format?
664c9737fd102cbb9c41560aae58fd1a.jpg

Sorry, now i've found how to format the 128gb sd card, and now recognize 119gb.
a64d40f6874781accefa72e7b7b5b3c7.jpg

But then, what is the App Store Management?. How many i need to reserve?.
I don't know why in box say "up to 64gb" and recognize 128gb sd card.
Thanks.

It's stranger, because i've inserted a Samsung 128gb micro sd card and only recognize 24gb. I've contact with seller to get back the dashcam :(. I've formatted the sd to Fat32 but no changes. Needs any especific format?
664c9737fd102cbb9c41560aae58fd1a.jpg

That seems more like your phone storage section and not the camera memory management section. The camera must be connected and then go to camera settings and then under that, there should be memory management specifically for the camera and you can format the memory card from the app.

Just a heads up, formatting the memory card in the camera, if your computer is a Mac, it will not read the memory card as it is formatted in a format Mac computers can't read for 64gb or higher cards.

Sorry, now i've found how to format the 128gb sd card, and now recognize 119gb.
a64d40f6874781accefa72e7b7b5b3c7.jpg

But then, what is the App Store Management?. How many i need to reserve?.
I don't know why in box say "up to 64gb" and recognize 128gb sd card.
Thanks.

App storage management is how much space you allocate for saving videos from the camera to your phone, as with some phones, there are limitations how much much storage can an app take.

My assumption with it stating 64gb is that the camera was tested up to 64gb at the time it was launch for the Chinese box version, as I mentioned above on my box (I assume mine is international version since it's in English only), it shows up to 128gb.

Thank you @runtohell121 for your suggestions. I've reserved 5gb in phone and i've formatted in app the 128gb sd card. At the moment recognize the store sd card. But how i know if dashcam is recording correctly?.
I connect to usb laptop to test, and i've not recording files shaved to check?.
Thanks.

Thank you @runtohell121 for your suggestions. I've reserved 5gb in phone and i've formatted in app the 128gb sd card. At the moment recognize the store sd card. But how i know if dashcam is recording correctly?.
I connect to usb laptop to test, and i've not recording files shaved to check?.
Thanks.

When the ddpai mini 2 is on, it will automatically start recording. The LED indicator will continue to blink orange, indicating it is recording and doesn't stop until you unplug it. The video clips are 3 minute long. I'm not sure how you are powering the dashcam, but I usually use a power bank to test the camera first and let it record for ~10 minutes and then unplug it to see if it records fine. I look at the files via microSD card and not plugging the camera directly to the computer (never tried that with this dashcam).

I can view dashcam is recording in Camara Storage Management
403f6899c8ef16c4cf9f4b5e87c85e77.jpg

Now the cam is recording since 8 min ago. To check the video files recorded, i need to unplug and check the sim directly in laptop?. I can't check video files in app by wifi?.
Actually Albums section is empty, but i think this section is to check files downloaded with rc button, but in case i only want to check files saved along the time, could i do by wifi in app?.
017cc687fb16a50185f9843f7deffa1f.jpg

Thanks a lot.

I think files needs to be in Camera section. I've slide down to update, but always say empty.
b06a18a946e230ed6b2538a10d812a9f.jpg

If i extract sd card o can view all mp4 files correctly, but it's possible to view in app by wifi and not to unplug and extract the sd?.

If i extract sd card o can view all mp4 files correctly, but it's possible to view in app by wifi and not to unplug and extract the sd?.

I'm not too sure about the app on Android as I'm using it on my iPhone (can't figure out how to connect it on any of my Android phones...), but I am able to view photos via slider tab under the live feed on iOS.

You won't see any files there until they are downloaded to the phone. If you are looking to transfer a video clip, you need to click on the live feed and put it in landscape mode. Then touch the screen once, and a menu will appear on the left. Touch the scissors icon and that will bring you to the area to select a time segment to download.

Also, any videos or pics you take with the remote button will automatically download.

You won't see any files there until they are downloaded to the phone. If you are looking to transfer a video clip, you need to click on the live feed and put it in landscape mode. Then touch the screen once, and a menu will appear on the left. Touch the scissors icon and that will bring you to the area to select a time segment to download.

Also, any videos or pics you take with the remote button will automatically download.

Android app doesn't allow you to view the footage without downloading them? On iOS (as I was only able to test it on my iPhone, not any Android phone, couldn't figure out how to connect...), I can preview the footage recorded from the dashcam before downloading them.

You can preview, just tap on the thumbnail and it will start playing from that point.

You can preview, just tap on the thumbnail and it will start playing from that point.
My question was because i saw in youtube a Ddpai promo that in ios we can view thumbnail preview without download it, but in android is different.

Back