DDpai Mini 2

The one I found QVIA Z970 is a joke. It is 350$ and only 1080P. It's also in a ridiculous form factor.

I meant more along the lines of a fixed zoom lens the way some folks here have done on their own with Mobius, F1, etc.

I understand.

I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying. I am talking more along the lines of fixed magnifications 2-8x via 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, etc lens instead of a stock lens which usually comes with the camera...I am using the word 'zoom' not in the sense of 'zooming in and out' as you would with a DSLR telephoto lens but more of a 'cropped' manner as you would by using FX lens on a DX sensor camera.

I understand.

I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying. I am talking more along the lines of fixed magnifications 2-8x via 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, etc lens instead of a stock lens which usually comes with the camera...I am using the word 'zoom' not in the sense of 'zooming in and out' as you would with a DSLR telephoto lens but more of a 'cropped' manner as you would by using FX lens on a DX sensor camera.

ok it's not zoom, you just want a different lens, a few people have done their own DIY version, check for posts from @Dashmellow @Harsh and @TonyM combined they would have all the info you need

Here's a final sample from today of DDPAI MINI 2 at 1080P @ 30 FPS and 10.7 MBPS bitrate.

I think this is by far the best result I have achieved so far.

It's pretty close to my A307 dashcam in this setting.

Hi all, sorry to revive old thread. I have had a DDPai Mini2 in the box since buying new over a year ago. Been too busy to install until today!
I am using iphone 5. I installed it all nicely, hidden wires and hardwired to switch live (ACC) rather than permanentb live as I didn't realise it had an auto shut off (although I would need it to be reliable as I don't want to run my battery down and get stranded!).
I installed a good quality Sandisk 128GB SD card. I connected phone, it initilaized card, and i upgraded firmware to latest version. I can connect to camera ok, but I have one fairly huge problem...... no picture?!!!!

In the preview it's just a black screen. The camera is brand spanking new just out the box, and yes I removed the lens protector! Any ideas anyone?

Also, if I do get it working, I have another I want to fit in the rear. So two cameras running would be even more risky for running down battery if I move from switched live supply to permanent live supply. Can someone tell me if they wolud recommend doing this, or am I best to leave it on switched supply?

I don't want to use the app once initial set up (don't trust hardly any apps, they all spy on and extract personal data), and I don't want to use the button (as I assume it's useless without a phone/app connected?)
I was hoping once set up, it will just automatically record all driving onto the stick, and write over itself when it gets full. Thanks

Couple of follow up questions if I may....

1. Am I right in thinking the snap button thingie is completely useless without a phone connected to the camera? Or can you still use it? for example if it saves the clip to the SD card? My understanding is it only works if the phone is connected.

2. Just thinking about this..... if camera is connected to permanent live 12v supply from vehicle battery, surely it must be using SOME power to be 'waiting' for the GShock sensor thing to detect movement? In which case, with two cameras running (front and back), both connected to permanent 12v supply, and both waiting for sensor to start recording, wouldn't that run battery down quite often? Grateful for anyone's experience whether this is or is not the case.

thanks

The camera can work without a phone.

The button will save a clip of however many seconds you select during set up.

I would use an old android phone to use with the dashcam. It will force you to use 'location' on and wifi on. It's super easy. Mini 2 recently saved my butt for tens of thousands of dollars and red light citation. So I am a believer.

As for black screen, try opening the slot and pressing reset button.

Yes the camera draws some minimal power during park guard or even with G shock feature. There are some switches which force the camera off when voltage in the 12v battery drops below a certain level.

Thanks Leo.

"The button will save a clip of however many seconds you select during set up." - I assume you mean only to a connected phone?

"I would use an old android phone to use with the dashcam." - Ha, you're right up my street! I have done that for my thermal hunting spotter (major privacy invasion). I got a MotoG from ebay running Lineage OS (a de googled Android OS which runs like lightning due to no spying going on! For total sum of $40!!) I suppose I could do that for the car. I just don't know how the phone helps really. You said the Mini2 saved your ass, was that BECAUSE of a connected phone, or just the camera? not sure how location can benefit me really, and I am definitely not keen on that idea but as you say, with a dedicated device for it I suppose I could do that if it was useful.

Voltage use - that concerns me a bit. Can't really weigh up how useful it will be to have it running permanantly on sensor. I rarely go out in the car and when i do it's only to a small local town for a bits from shops. Most of my needs is for the occasional long drive and to catch the complete idiots who drive like lunatics around here! In other words, it's more for driving then for any worries about damage to vehicle when parked as that's very unlikely. My battery shows 12.37 volts sitting on my driveway now, if it hits 12v the battery is screwed, so I am not sure about the permanent supply but will keep thinking of how it might be wise to do that.

Thanks again for your input

@richx thanks richx. i know that. but it's different problem. this app is not find the cam. i think i must be update cam's farmware by tf card.

You might need to search for the cam's WiFi broadcast in the phone's own WiFi settings first. Join it with default password 1234567890, and then go to the app to add the camera.

Thank you very much for your interest, Rich. I tried all of them but it didn't work. I learned that I need to install software with the tf card. A friend sent a mail from here. Thank you very much to him.

@viorel haliciu I got your mail. Thank you very much. it had become a big problem for me. I express my eternal gratitude to you.

hooray! Finally happened. I searched for the previous version of the application on google. (5.7.9.0613) this version was instantly matched with the camera. The 6th version of the application does not recognize the mini2 model. I will not update it again.

Back