DDPAI X5 PRO - I am not sure if it's working as expected

undefinedman

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hello,

before I wanted to reach DDPAI support, wanted to try here, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I bought DDPAI X5 PRO, and hardwired it in Volvo XC60 2023 Mild Hybrid. I connected yellow (constant power) wire to fuse #58 (TV giving power before ignition) and red (ignition power) wire to fuse #49 (not used by Volvo but giving power after ignition). Those fuse numbers were recommended in Volvo's forum as the best for hardwiring dashcam.

Anyway I observed weird behavior of the dashcam. It does not start when I start the car. If camera is not used after certain time (e.g. 30 minutes) it won't start anymore, even if I road bumpy road. The only way to start the camera is manually pressing Rec button.

Once I manually started the cam, it behaves weird. It does record 1 minute long video (blue led indicator) and then it goes parking mode during driving (orange led indicator) then it shut down (no led indicator). If I then hit a whole or bumpy road it goes into parking mode, again during driving, then goes to record mode (blue led indicator). And it repeats this behavior during my ride, so if I take highway (smooth road), the camera won't start unless I do some crazy maneuver to make it shake a bit.

And again, if I stop driving for about 30 minutes, I get the car again on the road, the camera won't start at all. Led does not operate, nothing from the speakers, and cannot connect via WiFi because it's turned off, even though the car is driving.

Here's the printscreen of the app, showing the parking mode is enabled and giving the voltage.

But what I would expect is that the camera will always turn on when I just start the ignition and will start recording my ride.

Am I missing something or camera has some issues?

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-12-05-19-53-23.png
    Capture+_2022-12-05-19-53-23.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 3
It works fine, turned out that the fuse from ddpai is surrounded with black plastic and i wasn't able to push the fuse to the max, instead it was just barely touching metal connectors in the fuse box. So the cam was sometimes working, sometimes not because. I now extended the legs (by a bit of soldering) of the fuse from the cam and now it connects 100%.

Back